Today I visited the U.K. Focus on Imaging exhibition at The N.E.C.
I was told by a salesman at one stand that Ilford had discontinued all sheet film he thene offered to sell me a rather expensive alternative. At another stand I was told that Bregger film and papers were no longer being made as they were made by Forte (personally I don't really believe it).
The good news is that The Sales Manager who I spoke to on the Ilford stand assured me that HP 5 & FP4 were being produced as 35 mm, 120, 5x4 & 8x10. He did not know about 11x14 but when I left I was under the impression that a decent sized order would not be ignored. He told me that they had recently made some U.L.F. sized sheet film for a customer in the States. The film is produced as a roll and cut to size as required. SFX is finished. Film was being actively being promoted on the stand and I came away in fairly high spirits, donno where I'm going to get any fresh 11x14 but I have some in the freezer so that can wait.
Kodak, Agfa and Fuji were pushing digital with hardly a mention of film, sad really.
I was supprised that 5x4 and 8x10 cameras were as well represented as they were, many with digital backs.
I would like to hear other opinions from anybody else visited the show.