Thread: LF Workshops in the Smokies, April 2005

LF Workshops in the Smokies, April 2005

Danny Burk Photography is offering two LF-related workshops in the Smokies in April 2005:

1) Introduction to Large Format, 16-17 April: this event will jump-start the new Large Format user's knowledge and familiarity with cameras, lenses, and other accessories. Each morning will include discussion and demonstration of movements, choosing the best focal plane and point of focus, and much more; afternoons are devoted to setup and practice of concepts and techniques discussed during morning sessions. Questions regarding scanning, Photoshop technique, and printing are also invited; a large portfolio of my prints will be on hand for your examination and discussion.

2) Spring in the Smokies, 18-23 April: this workshop concentrates on photographing the beauty of springtime in the Smokies; it's tailored to LF and MF shooters, although all formats are welcome. We'll visit rocky streams, mountain overlooks, wooded trails, pioneer dwellings and farm structures, and more.

More detailed information can be found on this page:

http://www.dannyburk.com/nature_phot..._workshops.htm

Thank you for your interest; don't hesitate to write if you have questions!

Regards,
    Danny
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

danny... the workshops sound wonderful, and with you as a lead, i'm sure will be really productive for the participants. my folks just moved to asheville - i may need to plan a visit in april!

scott

Is your workshop 18-23 April friendly to LF? We LF people can be so slow, what with setting up tripods, working with movements, using those breeze effected slow shutter speeds, etc. so I have to ask.

Bruce Watson

Thanks for the comments

Scott, I'd love to have you join me!

Bruce, yes, the "full" workshop is tailored to LF and MF users. All shooters are welcome, but I get about 80% LF and MF participants; smaller format shooters get extra time for compositional variations and so on. We stay at a location until *everyone* is finished, and there's no need to feel rushed.

Thanks,
    Danny
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

Danny, I just sent you an email about participating in the Intro weekend workshop Perfect timing as I've just aquired a wonderful Horseman LE and I'm quite clueless as to how to get the most out of it.

Danny,
    Checked out your website and it looks and sounds good. Do you hike to most of your sites or are they closer to car accessable areas. As a LF user I do hike some but not up and down mountain sides any more. Also glad slow is not left behind. ) Thanks ...

Doug, the majority of locations are very close to the car, i.e. no more than a few minutes' walk. There are a couple of waterfalls that are farther (1 mile), but I'm glad to point out alternate subjects for those who don't want to hike to them. There is so much in the Smokies that there's always something to photograph while the others go off to a waterfall

Thanks,
    Danny

Danny,

Hope to see you all down here. I'll be on vacation a good deal of the time you're here, so maybe we'll cross paths.

Steve