Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most congenial forum?

Octogenarian

Most congenial forum?

Bill,

You've got half of it right. His name was Greenspun, not Greenberg. But, you did get the "dickhead" part right.

Most congenial forum?

Ha HA ha Eugene! You are so funny!

As others have pointed out, it could be that we're older (although at 34 I'm still a babe in the woods), we have large tripods that could do some serious damage if we were so provoked, the LF process forces you to think before you act and that carries thru in other activities and since there are not that many LFers "out there" we have have to stick together to help each other out.

As a relative newbie to this group, I must express my appreciation! The support and welcome one feels is just great That and have you ever noticed that some photographers/gearheads can have such an elitist attitude about what they do and what they do it with - who needs that?!

Anyway, I'm so glad you folks are so damn nice!

Most congenial forum?

It's not on photo.net with all the stupid rules and photo ratings BS. People tend to self-moderate themselves, and recogonize the contributions that QT and the other volunteers have made.

I keep getting banned on the Leica forum; every forum has a culture - this one is a healthy one!

Most congenial forum?

Not everything on photo.net is evil. I rather enjoy the "Classic Cameras" forum.

Most congenial forum?

Another reason - due to the high failure rate i.e. double exposures, forgetting to remove a darkslide etc, etc, you NEED a sense of humour to "practice" LF!! I find that this aspect helps me to take things less seriously!

Most congenial forum?

like ellen, i too am a 'babe in the woods' and so i like to think that is it not age alone that sets the relative peaceful tone of this forum. speaking for myself, i stopped contributing to the photo.net forums several years ago because of the accepted attitudes of many of the contributors. i would suggest that others like myself that are not interested in that sort of environment have settled in comfortably over here. those that enjoy that type of environment woud have no reason to leave.

here's to each-and-every-one of you! it is the users that make the forum, and this is one of the best.

many thanks,
    scott

Most congenial forum?

Hi.

I must agree that the ambience, if you will, of this forum is, without question, superior to any photo related forum that I have either perused or participated in. I found certain other forums, such as --.net and --review to be rifle with insults, brand loyal zealots, and generally annoying people. I cannot recall receiving a rude reply to any question I have asked on this forum.
    Amazing. Simply amazing. It's like going to a jazz concert: very unlikely that any trouble will ensue. Jazz people are like that.

Thanks to participants for being so generous with information and geniality.

Most congenial forum?

By the by...hust what is "APUG"?

Most congenial forum?

Analog Photography Users' Group. You can check it out at http://apug.org

Most congenial forum?

Yes as LFer we need time to think bevor we push the button otherwise it can get very expensive.
    And when I'm out shooting I get many times silly questions like why you are working with this very old camera, so I get always trained not to overreact!
    And LF is something meditativ if I not working for a job.
    Good light to all of you!