Hello,

For some future work I would like to print some black and white images (contact print and enlargments from 8x10 and 11x14) as inverted images.

I'll be doing some tests once the new darkroom is operational, but I can think of two ways of going about it without the aid of digital silver gelatins.

1. Printing on to Harmen direct positive paper - I'd be enlarging up to 50 inches on the shorter side from 8x10 (I do have a roll of this) just wondering as this is such a contrasty paper does anyone have any experiencing enlarging onto this paper even though it isn't meant for it? I wonder if it might struggle with enlarging vs contact printing and if the paper could handle development with the scrolling method.

2. Getting the film (Delta 100) processed in DR5 to be a B/W Positive and printing onto regular enlarging paper. I presume like E6 that DR5 has a more limited range and thus how his would work with the paper grades, I've haven't yet actually seen a DR5 Chrome so I don't know how they are actually.

any ideas/experience/things I should avoid are welcome!

thanks,

John