Thread: Digital ULF!

Digital ULF!

I have a digital Folmer & Schwing 12x20 Banquet camera, so I thought I'd report on it for the benefit of those considering digital ULF.

1. Transporting the digital ULF:
    The digital ULF is carried to the location where it will be set up by wrapping all five digits of either the left or right hand around the leather handle in one direction while the opposing thumb digit steadies the load placed on the five digits by aligning itself automatically on the appropriate side of the handle.

2.Setting up the digital ULF:
    The tripod legs are extended and positioned with all ten digits of both hands. The tripod legs are locked into position with the exertion of force through the rotary application of force by the manipulation of two or three digits uppon the locking knobs. The tripod can be grasped by as many digits as neccesary to relocate the tripod as appropriate.

3.Opening the digital ULF:
    This becomes automatic, though a detailed description would be too lengthly and compl;icated for most readers to understand. Don't worry about it, its the future.

4.Installing the lens on the digital ULF:
    Pick up the lensboard with your digits, place on the front standard and lock by manipulation the retention device with your digits.

5.Focusing the digital ULF:
    With your digits, extend the bellows as needed. Using some digits, open the preview lever on the lens. Fine focus by manipulating the focus knobs with your digits. Check to see if the image is precisely focused by usiing a loupe grasped by the digits of one hand. Lock the knobs down by applying pressure with your digits on the opposite hand. Digitally close the preview lever.

6.Inserting the card into the digital ULF:
    The information contained in the ULF card is so detailed only two images can be captured on a card. Using the digits on one hand, pry open the back of the digital ULF enough to insert the card using the digits on your opposite hand. Avoid jarring the digital ULF camera in the process. After the card is securely placed in the camera, remove a darkslide to expose the media to the image that will be projected by the lens.

7.Figure the correct exposure for digital ULF:
    Holding the light meter with your digits, take a meterreading and set the f/stop and shutter speed on the lens utilizing your digits.

8.Digital capture:
    Using the digits on one hand, screw the cable release into the shutter and digitally depress the plunger. Replace the dark slide into the media card with as many digits as needed and remove the card, replacing it so the remaining media is facing the lens.

I will post more details on the practical appllicatioons of the digital ULF in a paper I'm preparing for RIT.

Have an early April Fools!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

Digital ULF!

So simple. I've obviously been wasting my time trying to shove the flatbad scanner under the bail.

Digital ULF!

Boy John, I wish I had as much spare time on my hands as you obviously do! :>)

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Digital ULF!

Can you guess what digit I'm holding up right now?
    Brian Vuillemenot

Digital ULF!

My Tachihara 5x4 has digital noise reduction: I put one digit in each ear while making long exposures.

Cheers,

Digital ULF!

ROFLMAO I'm slow I didn't get it till about 5. Thanks for the good read. John