Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikkor-like)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    Can you post a link of which IR flood you bought? I bought one with about 50 leds, and within a week, more than 3/4 of them were out. I read that an unregulated wall wart, even of the right voltage and amperage, could do that.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/164Feet-4LED...MAAOSwT6pVk1aV

This is where I got my light has 4 leds 18.95, I have nothing to do with this guy, Mine seems to work OK . This kind of stuff is all over ebay. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/164Feet-4LED...MAAOSwT6pVk1aV

This is where I got my light has 4 leds 18.95, I have nothing to do with this guy, Mine seems to work OK . This kind of stuff is all over ebay. Good Luck
    Please describe it - model number, any other identifying information, name of seller - so that others might have a chance to find it when that listing scrolls off.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Please describe it - model number, any other identifying information, name of seller - so that others might have a chance to find it when that listing scrolls off.
    It looks to me to be a simple commodity item produced in the PRC. Any IR source for security cameras should work, this technology has made my 59 yr. Old fingers a lot more sure when loading film, especially sheet film reels 2509n and CL81. I just love the technology, I sit down and take my time and everything comes out perfectly using the IR GOGGLES.

Re: Anyone use the B&W King 5x7 (or 4x5) developing reel & tank (Nikor-like)?

Developed nicely on the second batch, but the blackened metal light damper at the top of mine is rusting a bit after two uses as well. That's a bit worrisome...
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    Developed nicely on the second batch, but the blackened metal light damper at the top of mine is rusting a bit after two uses as well. That's a bit worrisome...
    Dear David
    For your question, I consulted the developing tank manufacturers.
    1, B&W King development of all parts of the tank to take stainless steel processing. The sandwich pot cover, and the shell is also used as the material of stainless steel.
    2, the tank cover is to take the "QPQ" process (Polish - Quench - Quench), change the appearance of stainless steel "black", in order to reduce the development of the tank into the light, to ensure the development of film.
    I think: at present, after the use of the "traces" is not rust, it should be the agent in the QPQ coating left traces. This trace can be wiped gently, not firmly.
    The structure of the developing pot cover is multilayer, and the rotating parts are multilayer, and the liquid medicine is easy to be retained.
    Therefore, to avoid residual liquid and "QPQ" after the treatment of stainless steel produce "traces", I suggest that in each use of the development tank, should be soaked in water washing, and with a hot air dryer after the preservation.
    I'm using this product, and I'm dealing with it.
    This "trace" on the film is affected, I have not received the relevant information.
    The above reply, I wonder if you can lift your concerns.

B&W King development tank this product is not large, design and production related to mechanical processing, materials, casting, chemical and other aspects of knowledge. These for me a person speaking, there are many difficulties, but also have a lot of do not understand.
    I hope more photographer friends, there are experts in the field, the B&W King developing tank design, performance are discussed, and Suggestions are put forward
    (I can't speak English, the above is a computer translation, I do not know whether it is accurate, please forgive me)
    Thank you

bw-king: Excellent explanations. Your developing tank looks very nice. I will be purchasing one. Thank you for participating in the forum.

A tidbit: Stainless steel can rust if it is put in contact with regular steel at some point, and under some other conditions:
    http://www.sperkoengineering.com/html/Rust.pdf
    Extrapolating from this, it would seem, for instance, that cleaning your SS equipment with steel wool would the the worst of bad ideas.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

Thanks! I used some Q-tips to clean the rust colored stain off gently. I hope to get a lot of use out of this tank!

Quote Originally Posted by bw-king View Post
    Dear David
    For your question, I consulted the developing tank manufacturers.
    1, B&W King development of all parts of the tank to take stainless steel processing. The sandwich pot cover, and the shell is also used as the material of stainless steel.
    2, the tank cover is to take the "QPQ" process (Polish - Quench - Quench), change the appearance of stainless steel "black", in order to reduce the development of the tank into the light, to ensure the development of film.
    I think: at present, after the use of the "traces" is not rust, it should be the agent in the QPQ coating left traces. This trace can be wiped gently, not firmly.
    The structure of the developing pot cover is multilayer, and the rotating parts are multilayer, and the liquid medicine is easy to be retained.
    Therefore, to avoid residual liquid and "QPQ" after the treatment of stainless steel produce "traces", I suggest that in each use of the development tank, should be soaked in water washing, and with a hot air dryer after the preservation.
    I'm using this product, and I'm dealing with it.
    This "trace" on the film is affected, I have not received the relevant information.
    The above reply, I wonder if you can lift your concerns.

B&W King development tank this product is not large, design and production related to mechanical processing, materials, casting, chemical and other aspects of knowledge. These for me a person speaking, there are many difficulties, but also have a lot of do not understand.
    I hope more photographer friends, there are experts in the field, the B&W King developing tank design, performance are discussed, and Suggestions are put forward
    (I can't speak English, the above is a computer translation, I do not know whether it is accurate, please forgive me)
    Thank you
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    A tidbit: Stainless steel can rust if it is put in contact with regular steel at some point, and under some other conditions:
    http://www.sperkoengineering.com/html/Rust.pdf
    Extrapolating from this, it would seem, for instance, that cleaning your SS equipment with steel wool would the the worst of bad ideas.
    Steel wool will destroy the finest stainless steel. Absolutely the worst possible thing to do. SS should be cleaned with Bon-Ami this is the old Kodak standby, nothing but a little soap and natural feldspar. 99 percent of the time nothing more than warm water and drying with a soft towel is required. 300 series SS has high 18 % Chromium content this forms a protective CrO coating. Free iron from any kind of ordinary ferrous metal will disrupt this and cause corrosion. Never leave these beautiful tanks in contact with ordinary iron,it will cause pitting of the stainless. Also AVOID ALL CHLORINE LIKE COMET, 304 and 316 SS shouldn't rust if you avoid iron and chlorides. To passivate the surface Nikor would recommend in extreme cases using a nitric acid bath, today many people are using citric acid. This will rejuvenate the chrome oxide surface.

Thank lot of teachers to provide stainless steel materials and use of information.
    B&W KING why choose stainless steel raw materials, because, I want to a photographer with a permanent use products.
    A successful product, need a good design, good material, good processing.But more in need of a good method of use and use environment.
    Although I used for a long time to develop this product, but with the requirement of a successful product, B&W KING still has a long way to go.
    Hope the teacher, experts give more good advice.

I wish the teacher and friend, happy New Year!
    Last edited by bw-king; 28-Dec-2015 at 23:47.