Thread: El Capitan and scanners

El Capitan and scanners

Anyone nervous about upgrading to 10.11 might like to know that:

1. Flexcolor and a Flextight X1 scanner work just as normal, with an Apple FW400 to FW800 cable plugged into a FW to Thunderbolt adaptor.
    2. Vuescan (which seems to have an update every time I open it; not sure if any are specific to El Capitan) continues to work fine with a Nikon 9000 and a Konica Minolta 5400 II. The Nikon uses a FW400 cable plugged into a FW400 to FW800 adaptor, itself plugged into a FW to Thunderbolt adaptor, and the KM5400 is a simple USB connection.
    3. The Epson V850 did require a new software download from Epson, and it initially wouldn't open. It showed a dialog saying my scanner was linked to Image Capture (it never has been) and did I want to use it with TWAIN? The trick is to say yes to this - I had clicked on No the first few times thinking TWAIN was a plug-in for use with PS and the like. Well, Epson Scan must use it too. After saying Yes I have had no problems. Vuescan can also see and control the V850.

Chris

Re: El Capitan and scanners

I have an odd fault with my v700 (after installing the Epson update) in that with batch scans of 120 frames, it stops after each one until I click on the scanner window. This is very boring!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Apparently that issue is officially recognised by Epson, and a patch is promised. I didn't notice it as I use the Epson for LF negs and just do one at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    I have an odd fault with my v700 (after installing the Epson update) in that with batch scans of 120 frames, it stops after each one until I click on the scanner window. This is very boring!!

Marc!
    Same issue here, with 35mm negs too.
    Hope Epson posts a fix asap, as it's not only boring, but also a waste of time: you don't really want to wait in front of the computer for each single negative to scan...!

I will try El Capitan and V700 next week.

But, smugly, I can say Win 10, Vuescan and V700 work fine with LF & 35mm multi-scans, actually better than the old OS.
    Tin Can