Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: View Camera for Interiors and Lighting

Re: View Camera for Interiors and Lighting

Thank you Tim. Chris is currently traveling away from Chicago on assignment, but I'm sure he will have more to say when he gets back.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    So Macolive there you have it. You have gotten sage advice from a few people who actually do this for a living at the very highest levels of the profession like Chris with 20 years in and a client list that most dream of, me with 38 years in practice plus 30 years teaching it at a university level and some others here that seem to know what they are doing vs. typical internet "expertise"..............anyway, good luck. AP has been very good to me and I can't imagine doing anything else.
    Sorry I dropped off for a bit. Thank you all for the great advice. Now on to trying it out :-)

New Orleans, LA

Really enjoyed the Dean Collins video; took me back to my early days in photo assisting at a commercial studio. When i first saw that he did 12 interiors in a day I thought, "Bullshit!" and then he talked about having two carts with identical equipment on them so that while one room was being photographed the other equipment cart was being moved to the next room. Genius! Or, should I say, a typical commercial photographer - solving seemingly insurmountable obstacles with simple solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Bennett View Post
    Really enjoyed the Dean Collins video; took me back to my early days in photo assisting at a commercial studio. When i first saw that he did 12 interiors in a day I thought, "Bullshit!" and then he talked about having two carts with identical equipment on them so that while one room was being photographed the other equipment cart was being moved to the next room. Genius! Or, should I say, a typical commercial photographer - solving seemingly insurmountable obstacles with simple solutions.
    I would go with genuis, rather than "typical". As one who had the pleasure of meeting Dean at a couple of seminars, he reminded me of Robin Williams. Although one was a brilliant comedian and the other a brilliant photographer and educator, they had that one thing in common, i.e., a mind that moved at the speed of light. We lost both of them way too soon.