Thread: New in Spokane, WA

New in Spokane, WA

Hey guys and gals!

I actually do not shoot LF yet...just beginning to dabble with 4x5....HOWEVER, I am here because one of my cameras might as well be.

I own several cameras, but the one that brought me here is my 6x17 pinhole. I want to make wet prints, and since 17cm is darn near a 5x7 negative, it looks like I'll need to build an enlarger for myself.

Been here trolling a while, hopefully someone can point me in the direction I need!

(attached photo is a stacked negative scanned on an Epson V600 using Portra 400. Roughly 9x17 total before cropping.

Thanks all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pinhole golf course small.jpg  

Re: New in Spokane, WA

Welcome!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by yosemitesamiam View Post
    Hey guys and gals!

I actually do not shoot LF yet...just beginning to dabble with 4x5....HOWEVER, I am here because one of my cameras might as well be.

I own several cameras, but the one that brought me here is my 6x17 pinhole. I want to make wet prints, and since 17cm is darn near a 5x7 negative, it looks like I'll need to build an enlarger for myself.

Been here trolling a while, hopefully someone can point me in the direction I need!

(attached photo is a stacked negative scanned on an Epson V600 using Portra 400. Roughly 9x17 total before cropping.

Thanks all!
    Durst makes a top of the line 5x7 enlarger, and there are elderly Elwoods out there as well for a lot less $$, depending on what you want.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White