Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Word of caution regarding PayPal

Re: Word of caution regarding PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    It was done and all I received was the same "canned" letters revealing they did not even bother reading the claim documentation. Again, to me is more important to let the forum know to be cautious than the $200 bucks itself. I can not even pay parking in Logan for a week with that amount. PP and the bank were making more than that every year with my business.
    Which is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by onnect17 View Post
    It was done and all I received was the same "canned" letters revealing they did not even bother reading the claim documentation. Again, to me is more important to let the forum know to be cautious than the $200 bucks itself. I can not even pay parking in Logan for a week with that amount. PP and the bank were making more than that every year with my business.
    you filed a INR (item not received) with paypal and they ignored it?
    Did the tracking show it was delivered?
    Did you buy this on Ebay?

Neither Ebay nor paypal send out letter for this type of issue, so i am not sure we are all talking about the same thing.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    you filed a INR (item not received) with paypal and they ignored it?
    Did the tracking show it was delivered?
    Did you buy this on Ebay?

Neither Ebay nor paypal send out letter for this type of issue, so i am not sure we are all talking about the same thing.

I am sure what I am talking about. I do not know if you do.

eBay has nothing to do with this, even if PP mentioned some kind of listing. And yes, I received multiple times the same "canned" response, after explaining in every occasion I never got the item. Just replace the word ==SOMEONE== with different names. Here's the content:

After this dispute was escalated, we reviewed the information you and the seller provided.

To be eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, the item you receive must be significantly not as described. We found that the seller's listing accurately described the item.

Significantly not as described items include the following:

• A completely different item.
    Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.
    • An item's condition is not described accurately.
    Example: The listing said the item was new but the item was used.
    • An item that is described as authentic, but is not authentic.
    • An item that is missing major parts or features.
    • An item that was damaged during shipment.

If an item is materially similar to the seller's description, we do not consider it to be significantly not as described.

Here are some examples:

• The item has a defect but the defect was accurately described by the seller.
    • The item was properly described, but you didn't want the item after you received it.
    • The item was properly described, but the item did not meet your expectations.
    • The item has minor scratches, but the item was listed as being in used condition.

Although this claim is closed, we encourage you to communicate with the seller to resolve the problem. To learn more about PayPal Purchase Protection, click 'Legal Agreements' at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click 'PayPal User Agreement.'

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,
    ==SOMEONE==
    Protection Services

What I find interesting, is that Symphony is requesting that you return the item with tracking and delivery confirmation; yet, it appears that this was not done by the seller. (Else, the seller would have sent copies of the delivery confirmation.) Either that, or the seller is trying to bluster through a lost shipment.

It sounds like part of the problem may be that Symphony doesn't adhere to the same seller requirements as PayPal. After a lengthy conversation with PayPal some time ago, PayPal would require seeing a signature from the buyer to back up a seller in such a case.

Frankly, because of the nature of shipping, being able to obtain a signature, etc., I stay away from non-European and non-USA transactions.

I appreciate your warning.

Looks like you filed a SNAD dispute instead of an INR. If thats the case, that really is your fault, not theirs.
    Have you filed a INR in the first place, it would have been the sellers burden to prove you actually got the order by use of a tracking number, signature confirmation etc. If there was none, they would have refunded you on the spot.
    If you filed a SNAD for a an INR, you loose, as simple as that.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

So it's now my fault, right?

I called PP support and explained the situation and followed their recommendations. I spoke to several reps and if what you are saying is correct, why any of them fixed the ticket on the spot?

I am very glad to hear you are very confident in the service. Good for you. Perhaps you own a business and rely heavily as a seller on their service. Who knows. In any case this warning is intended to casual users here in the forum.

Are you guys being paid by Paypal to frustrate people who try to provide a heads up on this forum?

This gentleman has been very calm and straightforward and still everyone tells him it is his fault.

Obviously I will be sure to keep my mouth shut the next time I run into questionable activity by the great and honorable Paypal.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by koh303 View Post
    Looks like you filed a SNAD dispute instead of an INR. If thats the case, that really is your fault, not theirs.
    Have you filed a INR in the first place, it would have been the sellers burden to prove you actually got the order by use of a tracking number, signature confirmation etc. If there was none, they would have refunded you on the spot.
    If you filed a SNAD for a an INR, you loose, as simple as that.
    So you get one - and only one - shot at resolution? Even IF (and I don't know whether he did or did not) the OP initiated the wrong claim at first, he's followed up multiple time with their customer service and is in a vendor induced infinite loop.

The report was made in good faith and has now been discussed thoroughly.

Thank you, onnect17.