Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and non-OEM inks

Zemer

Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and non-OEM inks

Thanks you all for sharing experiences about color and B&W prints with inks other than Epson's. Advantages, medium/long-term problems ... I use a Stylus Pro 4000, six years old, with entire satisfaction. Unfortunately, Epson inks are quite expensive, as you know.
    Zemer.

Zemer

Re: Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and non-OEM inks

Noboby has ever worked on Epson SP 4000 and alternative K2 inks? Nothing to say?
    Zemer

mitch

yes I have . I use jon cone inks on my 4000 and now on both a 4800 and a4880 with no problems . call inkjet mall ask for well.s he can answer all your questions . you save around 75% and Epson paper profiles work great

I don't believe the Pro 4000 is a printer available in the USA. However, I use Jon Cone's B&W Piezography inks in my Epson K3 printers. The website is www.inkjetmall.com As suggested above, if you don't see what you need, call them and ask for Wells.

I have an Epson 4000. Have had it for about 10 years. I've never run Epson inks in it though. And I only use it for making digital negatives. It's been acting really queer recently, so I picked up a used 3800 and run all black inkset. The 4000 never gave me any trouble until this past summer. Now I can still print and poke around on the 4000 to see if I can get her to ever print properly again.

Zemer

Thank you all. LFPF is a great community.
    Zemer.

I often buy ink cartridges from here: http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/epson...-Pro-4000.html
    I always get free shipping if I buy a couple of the larger cartridges...

When the 4000 was a fairly current product they were in regular use at Cone Editions for 17" K7 work at workshops I instructed there. As far as I know they worked fine, but were upgraded to 4800s and perhaps now newer, as time went on. There did seems to be a lot of cleaning cycles required to keep nozzles at 100%. There were more 44" and 24" printers in regular use though. I had one friend using OEM color inks in a 4000 for some time, color, and B&W using QTR. He had an ongoing problem with visible banding and dither patterns that weren't smooth, it was never solved, he finally changed to a different printer. There was a lot of anecdotal stories of undependable nozzle performance.
    That's all I have on the 4000. Keep in mind you only hear the stories of problems, happy users don't write much.

Looks like my 4000 is starting to come around. Never had anything like this in all the years I've owned it.

Zemer

Thanks you all for these interesting contributions. Unfortunately, the sites stand in America. What about a German site?
    Zemer.