Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LF photographers in LA area

LF photographers in LA area

Hello everyone,

As a LF beginner, I'd love to meet up with LF photographers in the LA area to learn, improve and discuss all things LF-related. And of course invite him/her on a drink or meal.

I'd appreciate any leads or read about LF workshops in the LA area.

thanks!

Re: LF photographers in LA area

Hi celtic9, we are out here, but not so much in midday heat (think mad dogs and Englishmen)I would like to have a meet up of some sorts but will be extremely busy at work tell after the 11th. I use a 4x5 press camera but also have a 5x7 , have been looking at places around central L.A. and downtown also, there is really a lot to photograph here. Early Sat. or Sun. mornings and evenings only when accompanied with a friend or another photographer. Early on week ends there is less foot traffic so using a tripod on the side walks is more easy. There are not to many large format workshops that I know of.

Mike

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

We will put together our annual meet up soon. Looks like sometime in September. Stay tuned.

I've attempted to reach out to people in los angeles but everyone lives in their own little world. once a year gathering is not relevant
    to sharing. if you care to reach out you can PM me; been doing this for 40 years so I must know something by now...
    have a great day!'
    peter

Jim are talking about the meet and greet at the park in Westminster, looking forward to that.

Peter, what do you have in mind, group meeting discussing photo stuff, breakfast or lunch gathering, etc.

Mike

I lived in L.A for about ten years (until 2011) and the people I met and became friends with is something I'm really missing now that I'm back in the midwest. There are quite a few like-minded folks there. Keep in touch with Jim.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Unfortunately for me I have a lot of personal issues going on and my time is limited. Keep an eye out for meet ups or contact Peter or Matt Blais here on the forum for help. He gives some basic instruction on LF. I have a move planned for the end of the year so things are very busy right now. If you come to one of the meet ups you can meet like minded people who will be happy to help.

How about a print share?? Nothing like seeing what people are actually into...how about getting together for relevant shows...l.a. is an,amazing resource...I have a large warehouse with my darkroom; great for sharing...I know many alternate processes
    That's all for now!

Hello all,

One problem is that the "LA area" is just HUGE. It would be useful to know where people are-- I am in northeast Los Angeles, Eagle Rock near Pasadena. Would love to visit your place, Peter. I have a darkroom and studio where we could meet should a meet-up come about. I like Michael's idea of a DTLA meet up, there is a lot to see and do there.

Bruce

Bruce I'd love to come see your darkroom! I'm up for a meet
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site