Thread: Hello - from an old loyal large format film photographer

Hello - from an old loyal large format film photographer

Bishop, CA Eastern Sierra Nevada, childhood & adult 65 year long term resident and large format film photographer rejoins the forum. For a long time (1982) I used a Wista SP 4x5 model technical field camera, complete with quite hilarious instruction manuals, in poorly translated Japanese. Purchased complete with normal, bag, long bellows & 46cm extension rail and a variety of lenses. I've been happy with it over the years, solid little camera; but increasing use of ultra wide angle lenses as necessary, motivated me to pick up a Canham 5x7/4x5 Traditional that has the sliding rear standard, and ridding the necessity of dropping the camera bed in order to use such lenses. I've had the Canham for about 3 years now and am happy with it, in fact thinking I will sell my 8x10 Zone VI and purchase a Canham 8x10 Standard instead. The Zone VI also has a rear standard that slides forward, but it projects two rails into the field of view. I often shoot 8x10 with a 120 Nikon. I still very much enjoy shooting with view cameras/lenses although new technology i.e. digital scanning, Jobo processing, Epson printers have been nice additions. Thanks to the moderators etc. for continuing with this very useful website. BW

Re: Hello - from an old loyal large format film photographer

Welcome back to the forum, wyliecoyote!

Beep! Beep!