[Reposted from the "Really Right Stuff and TK45S" thread]

Posting: I don't want to denigrate the vast amount of volunteer work that went into setting up this forum. It is, bar none, THE forum for discussing large format photography, especially after the effective demise of the rec.photo.equipment.large-format newsgroup.

That said, the intent was to duplicate the functionality provided by LUSENET, which Greenspan put together. At the time, that was a reasonable job - he again patterned it loosely on a minimal function, semi-threaded newsreader interacting with USENET newsgroups.

But the interface is not fully threaded, so that I can't follow the thread of responses, the way I can with a threaded newsreader or with one of the popular bulletin boards which does complete threading.

And despite the recent improvements to the posting, I run into glitches all the time. The most usual one is that no matter WHAT I do, I can't look at the post as it previews, and get back to the edit page with the text intact. Hitting 'back' on my browser takes me back to the edit page with only two of the fields filled in. Hitting the 'go back' link invariable takes me to a 'page not found'. Maybe it's the tightened security that comes with me be fairly paranoid about security and browsers, but I'm not about to relax my security just so that the darn interface works.

And invariably, I find one typo or something, and before I've thought, I've click to go back, and the post is lost, period. I've tried to get into the habit of copying all I've written into the clipboard so that I can just past it back if I have to, but yesterday, I hit ctrl-a to select everything, and then went to hit ctrl-c to copy it, and the ctrl-key apparently didn't work, so I got just a c, wiping the entire post. Agh!

It's enough to make me wish for phpbb.