Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Richard Garrod

Re: Richard Garrod

Hans,

I got an e-mail back from Dick (aka Mister Garrod) he is doing fine and just celebrated his 91 birthday in June....all seems to be fine from what he tells me....he has been working on his third book and hopes to finish it some time soon....I know that he is on facebook so friend him....other than that that is all I know.....I need to either get out to Monterey or get him out to Santa Fe.... jp

Thank you Jan,

great to read this, about his ongoing creativity- at 91!
    I saw a nice selection of his work in a Looking Glass Magazine back issue and it made me wonder what he is up to these days.

Hans,

Our friendship started at a conference when I was wearing his name tag.....later we found out that he lived in the same town I did, only years apart.....Dick is a wonderful person and photographer.....when I was teaching at Santa Monica College, CA.....we would do a weekend field trip.....the trip was set for Big Sur and I wanted to add something new to the trip so I rounded up some friends to talk to the students.....we had a great time with Dick, Huntington Wetherall, Henry Gilpin, and Al Weber doing a great presentation of there work and what it is like to be a photographer.....it was the best time I ever had teaching.....Dick is one of a kind.....jp