Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 154

Thread: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

  1. #141
    Randy Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,737

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Nice bag Pali and of course nice camera.

    I think I better make sure my 11x14 fits in there!

    Thanks, I needed a constraint.

    I added the bag to my B&H wish list...
    TIN CAN COLLEGE

  2. #142
    Pali K Pali K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Nice bag Pali and of course nice camera.

    I think I better make sure my 11x14 fits in there!

    Thanks, I needed a constraint.

    I added the bag to my B&H wish list...
    Wonderful Randy! I am sure you'll like the bag when your camera is ready

  3. #143
    Pali K Pali K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    I absolutely love using this camera and still can't believe that I pulled it off. After months of use, I am amazed about how smooth the movements are and how well it locks in place. Here is my selfie with the camera!


    Self Portrait on ULF Film by Pali K, on Flickr

    Custom 11x14 Camera
    HP5 in HC110-B
    Eversmart Pro Scan

    Pali

  4. #144
    Randy Moe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,737

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Good one!
    TIN CAN COLLEGE

  5. #145
    Pali K Pali K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Thank you Randy!

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    20

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Hi Pali,

    Your camera looks amazing! I remember seeing this on a blog post somewhere before, but it's really awesome to read this thread and the making of.

    I made a simple 8x10 about a year and a half ago and now I'm starting to build a 24x24. My first ULF camera. I'm wondering if you could share some pointers as I build it out? One of the first questions I have it how did you attach the bellows to the front and rear standard and is it removable?

    Cheers,

    Ross

  7. #147
    Pali K Pali K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by rosshj View Post
    Hi Pali,

    Your camera looks amazing! I remember seeing this on a blog post somewhere before, but it's really awesome to read this thread and the making of.

    I made a simple 8x10 about a year and a half ago and now I'm starting to build a 24x24. My first ULF camera. I'm wondering if you could share some pointers as I build it out? One of the first questions I have it how did you attach the bellows to the front and rear standard and is it removable?

    Cheers,

    Ross
    Thank you Ross!

    Yes, the bellows are removable. They were glued on to thin frames that were screwed onto the front and back standards. I will try to look for my pictures and see if I have any that show details of how I did this. BTW, your 8x10 and the wet plate photos are stunning!

    Pali

  8. #148

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    1,730

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Nice bag Pali and of course nice camera.

    I think I better make sure my 11x14 fits in there!

    Thanks, I needed a constraint.

    I added the bag to my B&H wish list...
    I've got one of the Gator bags for both my V11 and my V8's. I can fil the camera, dark cloth, and a lens and meter. They're great for the price. L

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    20

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Pali K View Post
    Thank you Ross!

    Yes, the bellows are removable. They were glued on to thin frames that were screwed onto the front and back standards. I will try to look for my pictures and see if I have any that show details of how I did this. BTW, your 8x10 and the wet plate photos are stunning!

    Pali
    Thanks Pali!

    I think I'm going to get the bellows made this time, it was insane making one last time and that was only for a 8x10. I heard custom custombellows.co.uk do a good job. I'm going to see if they can add plates to the end to make life easier in terms of attaching/detaching it. If you can post any photos, that would be great!

    I also want to say thank you to not only you Pali but the others who have commented on this thread—it's an amazing resource of great information for making cameras 🙏

    R.

  10. #150
    Pali K Pali K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    MD, USA
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: 11x14 camera build attempt - Questions

    Noticed that I didn't post some of the newer photos made with this camera. Here are two additional flower photos shot on this camera. I really need to use this camera more than just once or twice a year.


    Flowers on 11x14 Film by Pali K, on Flickr


    Roses Still on 11x14 Film by Pali K, on Flickr

    Kalsi 11x14 | Nikkor 450mm f9 | Illford HP5+
    JOBO CPP2 | HC110-B
    Eversmart Supreme Scanner

    Pali

Similar Threads

  1. 11X14 camera build
    By blindpig in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-Sep-2014, 09:45
  2. DIY 4x5 camera build
    By VPooler in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2013, 07:42
  3. Want to build a 11x14 camera for cheap ...
    By SteveKarr in forum Gear
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 4-Aug-2010, 15:54
  4. Hello, Im new to LF and plan of build a camera
    By Jake Middleton in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21-May-2009, 09:49
  5. First attempt with Jobo 3010 and Rollo Pyro.. now questions
    By brian steinberger in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2-Jan-2007, 19:50

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •