Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Canon Pro-100 Printer deal

Canon Pro-100 Printer deal

http://www.techbargains.com/canon-pixma-pro100-deals

I don't usually post "deals", but thought I'd pass this one on. I realize this printer is low-end compared to what many use, but for us non-professionals it might be (as the say on Prairie Home Companion) "good enough". I like mine.

Moderator, please remove (or move) if inappropriate.

Re: Canon Pro-100 Printer deal

I have one and mostly like it. For the money I think it's a good value. However, at some point I would like to upgrade to an Epson 3880 or maybe the new P800.

I got one on a similar deal a year or two ago. For the money, you can't beat it. I got it because it has three-grey B&W printing, and on that it does a great job. I don't know how it works for color.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

I already have one, but it needs ink (or dye, in this case). So I decided to give it a shot. A whole printer with cartridges for $50 sounds better than paying more than a $100 for a set of cartridges alone. But when I tried entering the coupon code I received this message:

Sorry!!!
    Please try again soon

That's a rather odd message to get from B&H, but... apparently the coupon code is no good. For anyone needing a nice printer, $150 after rebate is still a great price, IMO.

Great deal. Code works fine and you get a free pack of paper. But the cartridges as I recall are starter cartridges, ie not full?

Jon
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	print.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	138280
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

Alright, it worked this time. I don't recall mine coming with starter cartridges, but it has this message under accessories:

Make sure you pick up a full set of ink to replace the introductory set that is included with your Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer.

Guess I'll resume waiting for a deal on a set of cartridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance2 View Post
    Alright, it worked this time. I don't recall mine coming with starter cartridges, but it has this message under accessories:

Make sure you pick up a full set of ink to replace the introductory set that is included with your Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo Printer.

Guess I'll resume waiting for a deal on a set of cartridges.
    You may have a long wait. That's one reason they can offer such a great deal on the printer.

I have this printer and I think it is awesome for the money! I bought ink for it for over $100 recently but needed more paper, extra ink, and a backup printer for $50 is just too good to resist so I just bought one. It was out of stock but I was still able to use the coupon ($299 checkout) and download the rebate ($250) form.

Also, having used both the starter and fresh new inks for this printer, I don't really see any difference between the two. They both come in the same package and they lasted just the same. I think the language there for starter set is just creative marketing to make people buy more ink.

Thanks for posting this!

This is a dye printer, right? So one should use swellable paper, as opposed to instant dry, right? Does anyone know what swellable media is still available?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by mdarnton View Post
    I got one on a similar deal a year or two ago. For the money, you can't beat it. I got it because it has three-grey B&W printing, and on that it does a great job. I don't know how it works for color.
    Does PRO-100 use up color inks as it prints B&W? My PRO-1 did and needed all 12 inks constantly. I never found a way to just use B&W inks.

The starter set was enough to prime the dern thing and then it was a money pit for me.

I gave mine away.
    Tin Can