Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New universal film processor just announced - "SST4"

Re: New universal film processor just announced - "SST4"

for B&W - which most of us do (or am I crazy here)

just a motor, rollers and a speed control that reverses would work

infact..plans and a parts list would work..even I could cobble something together out of pine that would work

if it had a 'keeper' to keep expensive jobo drums from falling off - the better

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    I've worked in the appliance manufacturing business for about 25 years, in Engineering we would fight and scrape to take a dime out of the cost of a $800 refrigerator.
    Maytag in Newton, Iowa by chance? Maytag was THE place to work in that part of rural Iowa in my time. I knew Fritz Maytag, the only family member still in a Maytag business, the profitable blue cheese factory in the area.

DrTang: If it had a 'keeper' to keep expensive jobo drums from falling off - the better
    I'm still looking for just the right size inner tube to cut into rubber bands to keep the drums on-track. Ain't a whole lot of inner tubes used today. Later this week I'm visiting a guy who has monster-sized O-rings.

Tractor oil filter rings work on 2500 series drums, I bought half a dozen for 85 cents a piece at our local farm store. Another thing I tried, not very elegant, but I split strapping tape down to about 1/4 inch and went round and round the drum till I had a ring, this was on an old print drum, I don't think I could do such a thing to a pretty expert drum

I worked for four different companies in 20 years and my office didn't move more than 100 feet. Maytag was one of our owners, Best part of my career, until today. Think Refrigerators and east of Newton.
    And yes Fred Maytag's family still owns the dairy and cheese business, $20 plus a pound and they can't make enough of it!! I used to travel to Wash. DC a lot for meetings and everyone asked about the Blue Cheese when they saw my business card.

You're making hungry, I'm going and getting some!
    Best Regards, Mike