Thread: processing color LF

processing color LF

I am a final year degree student from Scotland, i am planning a trip to cape Breton Island in April and would like to know the best place to process my 5 x 4 color negs. Thanks

processing color LF

best place would be any kitchen with hot water supply, thermometer, a jobo tank, a JOBO 2509N sheet-film reel (doing 6 sheets 4"x5" at a time), a pack of C41 powder chemistry (UK-brand NOVA or Tetenal press-kit) & a changing-bag (which You probably would have brought with You anyway). Estimate 1 hour for everything from tempering, mixing chemistry, threading reel & processing (less than 20min process time), and less than UK £2 pr 6 sheets of film developed.

processing color LF

Dear Karen,

If you are flying into a larger city, you may have better luck searching there. You could also have your film shipped via UPS to anywhere in North America for processing. An e-mail to this lady might bring you some results as well.

http://www.capebretonisland.com/Art_Gallery/Carol_Kennedy/

I just found her on the Cape Breton website.

Neal Wydra

processing color LF

Karen, I think you are out of luck on Cape Breton Island. The largest city is Sydney and I don't expect there would be anything there. Truro, NS is about a 3-4 hour drive and I know they do 4X5 E-6 processing at Carsand Mosher. I get mine done at the Halifax outlet. You could try emailing them to see if they do C-41 in the larger sizes. April seems early for photography in Cape Breton. There will still be many places under snow.

processing color LF

Hello Edward...We are planning a trip this coming summer the Berwick/Kingston,NS area...thanks for the info about the Truro place. Do you know of any other places nearer to where i'll be staying? I'm hoping to photograph in the Valley from the LookOff & also places like Grand Pre, as well out in Morden overlooking the Bay.

processing color LF

Hi G.C

I drove passed the Grand Pre winery on sunday on my way to Sheffield Mills for Eagle Watch weekend. Your best bet would be the Halifax Carsand Mosher for E-6 or Altantic Photo Supply for B&W, if you don't do your own. It is a little over an hour to get from Berwick to Halifax.