Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Guy From Tyler, Texas

Re: New Guy From Tyler, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Be sure to check the bellows for light leaks. One of the pictures shows that the bellows is a tad warn.
    I checked it for light leaks last night. Found lots of tiny ones. At least 10 if not more. :/

So not it looks a bit less attractive with gaffers tape on it. But, hopefully, it will function closer to optimally.

Re: New Guy From Tyler, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by toddaaron View Post
    I checked it for light leaks last night. Found lots of tiny ones. At least 10 if not more. :/

So not it looks a bit less attractive with gaffers tape on it. But, hopefully, it will function closer to optimally.
    There are many threads here on repairing pinholes in bellows. You don't need unsightly bits of gaf tape.

Like this one: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...Pinhole-repair

Off the top of my head I can remember:
    › black silicone weathersealing / caulk
    › black craft paint designed for use on fabrics
    › black Liquid Electrical Tape

//////////////////////////////

Copied from Flickr:

ScottPhoto.co Pro User says:
    For pinholes I've had great success with automotive gasket sealer. Can be found at most auto parts stores. Fills holes but stays flexible.

http://www.permatex.com/products/aut...tive_gasketing...

Tim
    www.ScottPhoto.co

boxcustom says:
    patch.
    fast and easy.
    3M Weather Strip Adhesive. black version.

spotmaticfanatic Pro User says:
    If it's small areas where it's worn a little thin, or pinholes, get liquid rubber paint. i got some at a craft store, where they sell it for making T-shirts.

The other option is keep your eye out on eBay and at flea markets for an otherwise trashed camera, and swap out the bellows.

mikeossur Pro User says:
    Liquid Electrical Tape is still a good choice. It is strong and flexible. Cloth tape or gaffers tape are about the only other thing I could think of in addition to using Liquid Electrical Tape. Good luck!

boxcustom says:
    i use 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive to fill the gaps in my bellows when i convert my vintage Polaroid cameras to modern film cameras.
    It light seals and remains flexible.
    It is designed to seal the weather gasket between your auto glass and the auto body. It has to work without fail in extreme conditions, hot, cold, rain, snow.
    I have other brands of weather strip adhesive but the 3M brand works best.
    I purchase the "black" version at the auto parts store in my area (AutoZone).
    You can also use it to repair/built home and car speakers.
    This adhesive is cheap, easy to use and dries fast. It is flexible and never fails in my repairs. I suspect Liquid Electrical Tape is similar, but having used it the 3M adhesive is thicker and fills holes better.
    Good luck.

PhotoShop Guru Pro User says:
    For Anniversary Graphics:

http://www.graflex.org/manuals/4x5-A...ed-Graphic.pdf

http://www.lommen9.home.xs4all.nl/an.../page%204.html

For Pacemaker Graphics pre-1955 (no body release), the back is held in with tabs on the back bellows plate (springy, should pop off without needing to unbend), accessible from the back. The clips came later. The front is held on with post nuts on the back of the screws which hold the lens board lock plates to the front standard.

Small pinholes can be easily repaired from the inside with a mixture of Chinese ink and Elmer's Glue, diluted, with a fractional drop of liquid detergent (this breaks surface tension which would prevent the thinned mixture from filling in the holes). This method was recommended to me by Ken Ruth of Photography on Bald Mountain. If you need to paint on large amounts of anything, you need a new bellows.