Thread: Kam Enlargers information

Kam Enlargers information

Mainly information, about Kam,

In the sixties at Woburn studios we were using Kam 8 X 10 enlargers until my leaving in 1983, they were serviced by a engineer
    every 18 months, I then set up my own darkroom, and purchased a Kam enlarger, then stated as being sold by Colyer & Southy of Took Street London, and im very pleased to say having set up a studio & darkroom workshop in London ( Elephant & Castle ) I am still using the Kam enlarger, working brilliantly as ever, no problems.

The light source has been changed, more so with De vere heads, however as the light source was cold cathode based, replacement and very loud transformer noise, there comes a time to look at a different source in light terms, at present trying LED on a 14 ins head. hope not to boring but may help someone with this interest.

Alan.

Re: Kam Enlargers information

Pls post some photos of the enlarger. Might want to check with Heiland to see if they can make an LED head to fit. If not, Aristo made a 14x14 cold light head that do come up on the used market occasionally. Let us know what you find! Good Luck. L