Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: View Camera Forum

View Camera Forum

Okay I have to ask this (dumb) question! Why does the (recently) launched "View Camera" web forum seem VERY inactive? I appreciate that most LF'ers use this forum and Photo Net, so are we already overloaded with forums? What do you think?

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

View Camera Forum

It's a good question. On a daily basis I check this one, Photo Net, and if I get time Apug. I find this one the best though. I don't see the advantage of having all these forums.... they're not active.
    -Rob

Octogenarian

View Camera Forum

Hi Paul,

I have asked myself the same question. I have also participated on the View Camera forum and check - in on it daily. It is slow and un-wieldly to navigate. However, I don't believe that is the main cause of the lack of participation. More than likely, Steve waited too long to introduce the forum to his website. If it would have been part of the View Camera website from the beginning, it probably would be more active today. It's a case of "too little, too late".

View Camera Forum

While we are talking about other fora ..... I just setup a new id and password at f32 because it had been so long since I had checked it out that I couldn't even remember my login. Nothing much going on there either.

More importantly, I have been getting hit right an dleft with photo related spam email since I signed up there. They are either selling their subscriber list to spammers or some spammers are culling their list. I would guess the former.

View Camera Forum

I never got into the forum because to join you need the code on the plastic wrapper the magazine comes in. After about a year, I finally remembered to save the label, so when I went to log in a few months later, I would have the code. Low and behold, Steve changes the damn code every issue.

I sent him an email about it, and he responded with the info about changing the code, did not volunteer the code for this month, so I am not involved. I have subscribed for years, you would think it would be easier to deal with.

Octogenarian

View Camera Forum

Herb,

You don't need the code to participate in the View Camera forum. You only need it to access the additional information that Steve makes available to his subscribers. The forum is free and open to everybody.

View Camera Forum

I just tried it. You don't need the code to read the postings, but it appears you do need it to post.

View Camera Forum

You do not need to be a subsciber or have any code to participate in the view camera forum. Just go to our web site

www.viewcamera.com

and hit the link in the black menu bar to get o the forum. No password needed.
    As or it being unwieldy it operates much the same way as APUG. We do not sell the e-mail names to anyone and will not do so.

steve simmons

View Camera Forum

You do not need a password to post ether. You do need to register as a user but can do so whether you are a subscriber or not. Go to the first forum page and register. Then you can post at will.

steve simmons

View Camera Forum

PITA. Screw it!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)