Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CF Resource/Fan Page

Re: Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CF Resource/Fan Page

If anyone knows of a way to truly lock the front focusing TIGHT, please let me know. I've had a few Toyo metal fields and always think back fondly on them, but it was always a deal breaker that, at least on mine, the focus locking mechanism wasn't solid. I could still adjust the focus with ease even when locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    If anyone knows of a way to truly lock the front focusing TIGHT, please let me know. I've had a few Toyo metal fields and always think back fondly on them, but it was always a deal breaker that, at least on mine, the focus locking mechanism wasn't solid. I could still adjust the focus with ease even when locked.
    i just re did focus lock on mine its 15 minute job, that's all. this is a link on how to:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...how-to-tighten

important info on a Tehnika adapter: camera can NOT fold with a adapter attached to front standard! this is a big turn down point for me. basically its adding one more thing to a bag, one more thing to be thanked about! it seams easier re mounting lenses on toyo boards before a shoot then fiddle with this.

now this is how standard folds without adapter attached

and this is with adapter, obstructing 90 degree dropdown

Using the adapter isn't that difficult. After you have done it 50 times it becomes a smooth part of the setup process. And it's small and easy to store in a bag. Don't forget every time you mount a lens on a board three things can happen and two of them are bad.

Lens for storing in folded Toyo.

Does anyone have experience with successful 4x5 lenses for folding into the Toyo 45CF. I have a Fuji 240A f9 in copal 0 that fits, but i’d like a 120mm and 90mm option to leave on the camera when folded.
    My guess is that any lens with a filter thread larger than 62mm may not work.
    Thanks for your replies.
    -Schaf
    `
    –Stephen Schafer HABS | HAER | HALS & Architectural Photography | Ventura, California | www.HABSPHOTO.com

The Horseman LF Topcor 4x5 90mm lens should fit. The Super ER 90mm will just cover the 4x5 format with the very corners vignetted. The Topcor 120mm has a published image circle of 160mm, so that too will just cover 4x5. The 90 is usually found in the Horseman 80mm boards with the integrated flash sync. The 120 is in a Seiko SLV shutter that has lens threads slightly different from regular 0 size shutters.

Kumar

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

The Rodenstock 150mm Apo Sironar-S folds with the Toyo 45CF. Its a little longer FL than you mentioned but it has an almost identical field of view as my 120mm Nikkor SW amd 75mm Pentax 67 SMC.

Thomas

Folding a lens into Toyo 45CF

Yes, the 150 is a little long for my needs and I do need movements since I primarily photograph architecture so the Horseman is out. (I had a 105 Nikon once that would JUST cover 4x5 and that would fit and fold because it was tiny but not a good choice fo me personally).

Thanks for the input though, I really should have prefaced my question with my needs. My bad. Since this is a resource page, it's still good info. The Geronars may work as well but I'd be willing to pay more for extra IQ.

My Fuji 240A f/9 definitely folds into the CF. I believe that the Nikon W 135 f/5.6 may fold in as well, and perhaps the Fuji 125 f5.6. The older version F125 with the silver ring in the copal shutter seems to have a smaller front filter thread than the newer black ring F125 copal 0 mounted lenses, which seem to have a wider front ring. I'm not sure this matters since the Copal 0 shutter seems to be the deciding factor in the fold. So I believe if the front lens element diameter is smaller than the diameter of the copal 0, then it should work unless it sticks forward unusually far. I may be able to fix that with a recessed lens board as well if I find a short, long, narrow lens... if there is such a thing ;-)

I may be wrong.

-Schaf
    Last edited by schafphoto; 26-May-2018 at 13:24. Reason: typo
    `
    –Stephen Schafer HABS | HAER | HALS & Architectural Photography | Ventura, California | www.HABSPHOTO.com

Toyo 45CF bellows replacement swap with 45A

Does anyone know if the bellows of the 45CF is identical to the 45A?
    It seems to be a shorter bellows.