Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CF Resource/Fan Page

Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CF Resource/Fan Page

Couple month ago Ari Tapiero started 810M tread and i think its grate, one place knowledge base tread.

couple days ago i got my self a 45AII and i love it. it needed some CLA and it needs new bellows so eminently i went looking for diagram but i had no luck. there is only one dead link. so if anyone has a shop diagram, exploded schematics, pats list or so it would be grate to post it

this is a link to a user manual for bunch of Toyo's, so that is covered http://www.butkus.org/chinon/toyo-view/toyo-view.htm

now this is a link to my tread in regards of bellows replacement:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...rd-dissasebmly

again interesting tread on how to adjust focusing track tension and the focus lock:

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...how-to-tighten

keep them coming

Re: Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CX Resource/Fan Page

Great idea, Luka. For years my main 4x5 camera has been a Toyo AX. It's an outstanding camera for landscape photography.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Luka, thanks!

One point of clarification: the 45CX is a big monorail camera, entirely different from the others in your title. Perhaps you meant the 45CF, which is Toyo's lightweight polycarbonate/carbon fiber field camera that is much closer in concept and function to the 45A/AII/AX? If so, we can fix the thread title.

Oren you are right Sir, CF not CX. i tried to fix it but i cant edit the title, Hope Admin can do it. sorry for that

Re: Toyo 45A 45AII 45AX and 45CF Resource/Fan Page

No problem, fixed now!

I guess for completeness we can also mention the 45AII-L, the version that takes Technika-type boards. Those aren't seen very often, and I imagine one could accomplish the same thing by using a lensboard adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    No problem, fixed now!

I guess for completeness we can also mention the 45AII-L, the version that takes Technika-type boards. Those aren't seen very often, and I imagine one could accomplish the same thing by using a lensboard adapter.
    Wow! I've never seen or even heard of a 45AII-L.

Toyo does/did make a Toyo to Technika adapter board.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Wow! I've never seen or even heard of a 45AII-L.
    http://www.toyoview.co.jp/sub14.html

http://www.toyoview.co.jp/pdf/130.pdf

there is a small difference in II-L and normal Toyo Field 110mm to Linhof Technica adapter. if adapter is used there is several that lens is moved farward and apperently this can be problematic for 65mm lens. now i dont know if this is real issue or just another theoretical fact. in any case i have toyo to linhof adapter incoming and i will be reporting on this as well.

Alan- toyo makes adapter and there is also a clone that Ruby makes

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Toyo-4x5...item41758d86f7

this adapter really makes life easier specially in my case where i often land or borrow, lenses from friends

Quote Originally Posted by cikaziva View Post
    there is a small difference in II-L and normal Toyo Field 110mm to Linhof Technica adapter. if adapter is used there is several that lens is moved farward and apperently this can be problematic for 65mm lens. now i dont know if this is real issue or just another theoretical fact. in any case i have toyo to linhof adapter incoming and i will be reporting on this as well.
    More generally, some lensboard adapters and some cameras have design quirks that prevent them from being used together. I can't speak to the Toyo 45 field cameras specifically in this respect, but I have a WP Century camera that has been adapted to accept Toyo field boards. However, because of the geometry of the opening, there are some Toyo Field-to-Technika adapters that won't fit.

just to illustrate what we talked about

this is L version and see how and where mounting flange is placed compared to axial Rise and then look ate where that position is with a adapter mounted