Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: roll film back - is there a 6x7 AND 6x9

roll film back - is there a 6x7 AND 6x9

If you want really cheap, the old graphic roll film holders were available in both formats-require graflex type back. More modern Horseman is available in 6x7, 6x9 and 6x12- Midwest has used Horsemans for about $300, last time I looked. Now that I think of it, I have a 6x9 graphic that is available, save me the pain and suffering of ebay.

Herb

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

At some point the roll film back cost will exceed tha cost of an entire MF system, as MF is not worth anything on the used market today.

Don,
    You must have to stand awfully still on those old springs and shocks.;-))

I stand on top of my '99 Dodge 3/4 ton PU truck and it's too springy. I'm considering getting a couple old bumper jacks to set up on either side of my brush-guard/deer-catcher to firm it up a tad.

There is another, very cheap & relatively odd option: using the old Adapt-a-roll 620-rollfilm back. This is a slide-under-GG -film-holder looking like an old fashioned version of a Clumet/cambo roll film back. This back came with two dark-slides (one complete & one only partial covering) to shoot both 6x9 and 6x6 if I recall right. The holder uses 620 film (i.e. 120 film on metal spools), but works OK with 620 take-up reel and standard 120-film as supply (but you have to reclaim the 620 reel from lab to use it again!). Primitiver film-winding system with less than perfect (this IS an understatement) spacing (when measuring roller works...) but I did successfully used one for a few years, counting revolutions of wind-knob for proper spacing. All metal, fast to use (slip-in, no removing of GG), can take any beating, very simple mechanism and less than $$ 50 from e bay US, it's hard to go wrong. But I must admit it have now been replaced by a easier to load & better film-flatness Cambo 6x7 slip-in rollfilm-holder. I miss the 6x9 option though...

By the way, the adapt-a-roll were also made for 6x9cm/2 1/4" & 3 1/2" cameras - a must for baby-technika owners not wanting to mess with small format sheet film backs or the hasseling process of changing from GG back to rollex (on the super tech III, You had to remove 4 separate tabs individually to change backs - and pray the camera did not move during the process..).