Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATN Viper Night Vision Goggles - I thought I might be getting fogging

Re: ATN Viper Night Vision Goggles - I thought I might be getting fogging

Good to hear that you've found your light leak, you may want to look into black out curtain material
    and doubling that up, local fabric stores may have it, easier to use and will hold up better than plastic
    which can be transmissive if the pigments in a run aren't opaque enough or develop pinholes from rough handling.

Re: ATN Viper Night Vision Goggles - Why do I get light fogging?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    The weird thing is the stuff I see just after awakening with eyes wide open. It's like a dream but I 'see' photographic type images that are constantly different. I am not seeing the room contents, but people, as if in posed portraits. I don't know them either.
    Sorry to tell you but I think your bedroom is haunted haha. That or it's some type of hallucination from sensory deprivation being in a completely dark and sound insulated room with white noise from a hepa filter.

But yea back on topic. I have and use a pair of the atn vipers with the accessory head mount. I set it up so it's just about pressing onto my eye to limit light spill from the rear. Using a sample filter book pack I cut out a few circles of the darkest nd filter and pressed them in the illuminator to cut off some it light for close up work. Doesn't fog my films while developing by inspection.

I have used the viper since it first came out. My experience is that I can look at fp-4 from inches away for the whole time ( 15-18 min ). hp-5 needs two layers of toilet paper and look sparingly towards the end. Other films I can't comment on. A look at the sensitivity curve of the film might give you some info on whether you will have a problem or not.

Wow that's a lot longer than I would have expected! Thanks for that info!