Thread: Need help with my 8x10 original design R.H.Phillips and Sons Camera (wood)

Question Need help with my 8x10 original design R.H.Phillips and Sons Camera (wood)

does anyone know what product he used for the chain which moves the front lens board for focusing was made from? Mine is crumbling. I really wanted to have it up and running for the collodion wet plate workshop at my house in a month with a bunch of students. Thank You much for any clues. I live in the same town as R.H.Phillips but he is over 80 and off the grid.

Re: Need help with my 8x10 original design R.H.Phillips and Sons Camera (wood)

I emailed him last year with a camera question and he got back to me within 48hrs. Do you have the right email address?

You can contact Dick by phone at 512-943-9192 or email via rhjb2phil at yahoo dot com. Note that he frequently travels, so phone or email messages might not be answered for a while.

In the meantime, i.e. in case you don't hear back right away, I suggest searching the on-line catalog of McMaster Carr:

Dick sourced many parts for his cameras from that supplier over the years, and you might just find exactly what you're looking for.

I think I do not have the email right, Sal gave me one to try.

k, will try email first, this is different than the one I tried. Thank you.

It's been several years since I had one of these. But you might try W.M. Berg.