Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turner Bellows Company

Turner Bellows Company

I recently came across the web site for Turner Bellows Company in good old Rochester, New York. Can anyone provide some recent experience about their products and service?

How are their bellows in terms of materials and worksmanship? How are their prices and turn around times?

I have fallen victim to sending my bellows work overseas and would relish the opportunity to support a domestic enterprise all things condidered equal.

Any experiences or insights would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Turner Bellows Company

Why don't you ask them to give you some recent references from customers who are using the same or similar camera as you?

Turner Bellows Company

I purchased a replacement bellows from Turner 8 or so years ago for a 6X6 folder. It was ok.
    But a friend had to get them to make 3 sets for a Horseman 980 before they made a bellows
    that was long enough, thin enough when folded and flexible - this inspite of his specifications.

A company in Florida made a bellows for me a few years ago which was almost unusable it was so stiff.

Recently I had the outfit in the UK to make a 5X7 bellows for a custom press camera I am
    working on. It exceeded my expections.

If the requirements for flexibility or compressability are critical I would go again to
    Universal Bellows in the UK.

How about Western Bellows in California? They seem to have a good reputation also.

Octogenarian

Turner Bellows Company

Hi Michael,

A few years ago, Turner bellows made a replacement bellows for my Omega D-2 enlarger. Service and price was excellent. The quality is better than the original. I believe that the company is still owned by the same lady. Give her a call, and talk over your bellows needs. If nothing else, shipping will be lower cost and turn around time will be quicker than having it done overseas.

Turner Bellows Company

I have never dealt with Turner bellows, but nobody beats the turn around time of Camera Bellows in the UK. I live in the US and needed a new bellows for my Linhof - they didn't have it in stock, but made one for me the very same day and had it shipped express to Philadelphia - I had it the very next day - one day turn around (incl. shipping) - you can't beat that. The quality is perfect and their service outstanding.

Juergen
    Juergen

Turner Bellows Company

Michael:

I've had bellows made by Turner, Universal (the FL Company), Western and Camera Bellows UK. I was not that happy with the Universal product: very thick and not particularly flexible. It was the least expensive. The Turner bellows were very good quality; they were returned promptly and fit the camera well. The three ULF bellows I ordered from Western were perfect; highest quality product and material. They fit exactly and looked like OEM (only better). Service was prompt and helpful. One of the cameras I was restoring did not have bellows but Jim had the diagram for them on hand, so he could recreate them for me. The two 5x7 bellows from Camera Bellow UK were nearly perfect. The service was superb to the point you'd never know they were in the UK. Their product was flawless. I used them the last two times because their price was better than Western. I would have all the confidence in the world using either Western or Camera Bellows UK. Good luck.

Mike
    “You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?”

Turner Bellows Company

I had Western Bellows in California install a new bellows in a Deardorff Special. It was first rate, turn around time might have been 14 days or so, including UPS shipping. I'd certainly use them again. I haven't had experience with the other US vendor.

Turner Bellows Company

Thanks guys. Your comments are very much welcomed and appreciated.

I will give the owner a call and stop by next time I am in Upstate New York on business visiting Big Yellow and see for myself.

Cheers!

Turner Bellows Company

M.K. - Next time you come east, bring a ULF and give me a call - I'll take you to a few spots you might like.

Turner Bellows Company

Thanks for the offer. I will take you up on that Frank.

I think that I even remember how to get to your place.

Ditto goes for you if you ever get to Colorado. My turn to reciprocate.

Cheers!