Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to the forum

Re: New to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Meisburger View Post
    Great Falls Park should be nice. I used to climb there a lot in the eighties, and when I visit DC this summer plan to go out there for a day.

welcome to the forum, from an old virginie boy!
    Tim, virgin is spelled v i r g i n. Not v i r g i n i e!

Hello Tim, Pali,

I used to rock climb at Great Falls, and Carderock, also, back in the 90s. My wife and I also enjoyed hiking the Billy Goat trail years ago, the Cross County Trail in Fairfax County, and other trails in the region. Beautiful area. I would enjoy meeting up sometime at Great Falls, my only limitation at this stage now is heat intolerance - I can't be outside when it is over 70 degrees (neurological disease that has hit me in recent years). I can still hike a bit, but I have to save it for Fall through Spring. So it is likely that July won't be cool enough, but I've found that sometimes I can steal an hour on some early summer mornings, if we are having a cool spell, so I'm not ruling it out. Looking forward to meeting both of you.
    Victor

Sorry to hear about that Victor, chances are it will still be well over 70 at 7:00 am on July 26, so I guess that is off. It would be hard for you in Bangkok as well. We play soccer here ever Sunday and yesterday it was 95, but two weeks ago it was 100. Too hot for football, but no other choice.

There is a fair chance I'll move back to DC a year from now, and then we can get together in the fall or winter and do some climbing and shooting, though I may need to drop a few pounds first! One year in the 80s the river froze up, with the falls full of big chunks and blocks of ice, and it was possible to cross from Virginia to Maryland on foot. That would have been fantastic with large format.

Cheers, Tim

Welcome Victor, I am in South central VA, about an hour south of Roanoke. I read over but did not notice you mentioning any large format camera gear - was just wondering.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Hello Randy,
    No I don't have any large format gear yet. I've been reading a lot here and trying to decide which of the assortment of film sizes, camera bodies, and lens would best support my wishes - trees and landscapes in the relatively tight forests here, as well as getting a sense of the market prices for the various equipment. Then there is the factor of what I want to do with my pictures - post them, contact print them, etc and how that impacts the gear choices. I would like to get gear that I will stay with as I learn.