Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Specs for Sinar Pan Tilt Head

Re: Specs for Sinar Pan Tilt Head

Thanks for all the information.

In the meantime, I've been looking at additional possibilities. Desmond offers a couple at a reasonable price:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tilt_head.html

This could be coupled with a panoramic base or a leveling base. One could put the Manfrotto hexagonal plate adapter on top. Both the weight and the capacity are pretty attractive.

Or, in the Arca configuration: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tilt_head.html

I didn't want to include links to EBay. But, there's one there with a panning arca base on top that could work quite well with a leveler.

Please don't use a Sinar camera with a Manfrotto hex plate. The plates aren't quite big enough, and the camera will tend to spin. That's the combo I started with in LF 25 years ago.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Yeah, the hex plate is a little too small, I've tried that as well.

If you want to use the Manfrotto RC0 hex release system, they made a bigger 4x4" plate intended for large format work: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...x4_Square.html

It can be hard to find one though. The part number is 030L. One of these plates, plus a Manfrotto 3047 or 3057 3-way head is a great setup for a 4x5 or 8x10, respectively, especially if you have a field camera with a flat bottom.
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by fishbulb View Post
    Yeah, the hex plate is a little too small, I've tried that as well.

If you want to use the Manfrotto RC0 hex release system, they made a bigger 4x4" plate intended for large format work: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...x4_Square.html

It can be hard to find one though. The part number is 030L. One of these plates, plus a Manfrotto 3047 or 3057 3-way head is a great setup for a 4x5 or 8x10, respectively, especially if you have a field camera with a flat bottom.
    Yes indeed. I have one of these for a flat-bed camera. They're excellent.

Hello together,

I would like to ask you some questions regarding use of this head as information is difficult to find. Is it possible to reactivate this thread? Is still someone here who has this Sinar?

Hi Thomas, and welcome aboard.

I and several other members have the Sinar Pan/Tilt head.

What's your question?

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Please don't use a Sinar camera with a Manfrotto hex plate. The plates aren't quite big enough, and the camera will tend to spin. That's the combo I started with in LF 25 years ago.
    I know this goes back a few months:

Peter,

I've been using a 3039 head with a modern hex plate mounted on a Sinar Norma clamp, and it works just fine, even for a Norma 8x10. (Quite sturdy.) I have friend who's an architectural photographer who uses the same head/plate on a Sinar F with the standard F clamp, and he has no problem.

HOWEVER!!! I have an older plate (silvery metal with cork) that I used with a (pre safety-lock) 3047 head, and it's too small to work with my 3039 head. I'm wondering if that might be the source of what you experienced; the older plates being too small?

Hi Neil,

That could be. I last used that combination in about 1994.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know