Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PhotoShop Woes

Re: PhotoShop Woes

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I have many upgrades since CS2, it all became a confusing blur...

I just gave up and went CC and never looked back.

How much time do any of us have left...to keep track of all that BS.

That said, I use CC constantly all day.
    What is there to keep track of. I just keep the box of the previous and current version of PS (in the same place I keep boxes for all the sftware i have purchased).

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Miller View Post
    What is there to keep track of. I just keep the box of the previous and current version of PS (in the same place I keep boxes for all the sftware i have purchased).
    Some people have a simpler lifestyle.

I admire organization, but I don't do it.

My goal is to be monk sitting in an empty space, I have 1000 years to get there...
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Some people have a simpler lifestyle.

I admire organization, but I don't do it.

My goal is to be monk sitting in an empty space, I have 1000 years to get there...
    I have a simple life style too. Its called a cardboard box. I install software. I toss the software into the box. If I need to re-install, I dig through the box.

Dear Mr King

there is a saying up here some thing like go f.. y... elf.
    My underwear will stay firmly planted where it is thank you very much
    I hope you and the misses are well...

regards
    Mr Carnie
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Bob,

You probably need CC for your business.

But you could probably get CS3 to work. Several people I know have licensing problems with CS3 and managed to fit it.Did you try the solution I suggested, at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/...ed-mac-os.html This is a known problem, and has a known fix.

If not, give it a try. Sorry I am not there to walk you through it, but just pull up your big boy underwear and give it a try.

Sandy

I am with Bob Carnie on this issue. While I worked in ITS, high-tech and R&D for decades there is a valid place for user/owner expectations. In this case Adobe blew it. Sure, I can delete Flexnet, modify hosts file, all that but to expect a customer, an artist, a person who has a realistic expectation for the software he uses every day to do that stuff is silly.

Just my X0 bits.

I'm not very familiar with the Apple World, but for Windows , there exist different Software that look into your system and list all the license keys you'd need.
    I would think the Apple systems would also have a 3rd party software to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by analoguey View Post
    I'm not very familiar with the Apple World, but for Windows , there exist different Software that look into your system and list all the license keys you'd need.
    I would think the Apple systems would also have a 3rd party software to do that?
    Sure, what you are referring to is the registry editor. Apple has somethings similar but it does no good to the casual user to get into them. Adobe encodes license codes and you will be a hero to the world if you could decrypt them, or even know where they are. Good luck with that.

The OP is screwed through no fault of his own. His software should NEVER ask for activation. Adobe is at fault. IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    Sure, what you are referring to is the registry editor. Apple has somethings similar but it does no good to the casual user to get into them. Adobe encodes license codes and you will be a hero to the world if you could decrypt them, or even know where they are. Good luck with that.

The OP is screwed through no fault of his own. His software should NEVER ask for activation. Adobe is at fault. IMHO!
    No - he's not talking about a registry editor. There are several vendors that provide software that will scan a PC and return all the license keys. That's not an Adobe encryption thing - all software vendors encrypt the license key to prevent pirating. If people didn't pirate software, there would be no reason to encrypt license keys.

It's a known bug with CS3. It isn't happening with other versions. Any software with more than 3 lines of code has bugs. Then its up to the vendor to prioritize for which one get fixed an when. I'm guessing most people would vote for fixing feature bugs that impact all users over a license bug that impacts a few users every 8 years. Just for comparison, Microsoft fixes feature bugs for 5 years form launch date. CS3 is well past that. I'm no Adobe apologist. I don't like the rental software paradigm, where I have to pay the rest of my life in order to edit my photos. It makes sense for other transaction based software where you need to execute a transaction and then that transaction is done forever. Photos are never done. But in this case its hard for me to demonize Adobe. I feel bad for Bob. I know it sucks for him. But at the same time people in business need to plan and budget to keep their technology up to date. For most businesses that means upgrading hardware every 3 to 5 years. Its just a cost of doing business. If you want to get upset about a siftware bug, then you need to get upset at every software maker in business today. They all have bugs that impact their clients in a negative way all the time.

Preston Birdwell

There's a free program called Belarc Advisor that may show the product key, but it is Windoze only.

Take a look Here for Mac alternatives.

I've used Belarc in the past for finding product keys. It's also handy for other looking at other info about your machine.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."