Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you blog?

Alan Brock

Re: Do you blog?

I started a large format blog and YouTube channel as a way to get rich quickly. This has not proven to be a wise choice... Seriously though, as others have said, I use mine mainly to journal my trips. In the past I have only had the LF landscapes that I took to remember a trip. I had no pics of the trip itself so to speak. Therefore I started doing videos and taking behind-the-scenes images as a way to better remember the trips I take. I enjoy writing and going back to read my trip reports, but I'm under no illusion that I'll ever have a large readership. I'll also post some opinions and tutorials from time to time. It's mostly personal stuff, but I do ocasionally get notes about how it has helped others out, so that's always encouraging.

Oh yeah, check out my blog at www.alanbrockimages.com

bdkphoto

I've been blogging for ASMP's Strictly Business for several years. A wide variety of topics for the working professionals. Some are occasionally useful ;-)

http://www.asmp.org/strictlybusiness.../#.VWyE0WAhf7q

too much pressure

I had a general one and gave it up..as I felt pressured to do stuff - just so I could write about something

feh to that

No, but a decade ago when they exploded on the web took a look at doing such. Were far too many already and expected in my case trying to get even minor attention of the public would be futile because the WWW had already been overrun by powerful advertising interests controlling packet traffic. Much easier to post public commentary on well-known public websites forums where there were ready audiences. Also did not think I had enough about photography of interest to write long term. Like am not a gear or photo industry connected person nor one depending on photography to make a living (old SV hi tech person). Additionally it was apparent vastly powerful Facebook and similar social media sites were evolving features that would make blogs less relevant.

Instead as someone that readily hand codes in HTML, and given photography is a more image centric realm than blog structure tends to work well with, it is more practical to occasionally add features to my website like the below.:

http://www.davidsenesac.com/Spring_2...ng_2015-1.html

I had a blog and a Web site until about 5 years ago, however I never updated either of them partly due to lack of visitors.
    Another reason why I gave up on them is because our hard work looks like cr*p on a poorly calibrated monitor.

My woman keeps on bugging me to start it back up, and start a facebook page.
    I gave her permission to do it for me a year ago, and she hasn't.
    I don't think she will anytime soon.

Do tumblrs count as blogs? lol

Drew Wiley

Carnivorous plants tend to grow in blogs, so I avoid them.

Les

I don't engage in it, but do appreciate well put together blog. So far I only found one that I like....it was humorous, quirky and the personal stories I could relate to. The gear was rarely mentioned. Yes, anything smart and not over the top....I'll check it out.

Les