Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meyer Gorlitz Weitwinkel Aristostigmat 100mm F6.3 ???

Re: Meyer Gorlitz Weitwinkel Aristostigmat 100mm F6.3 ???

Andreas, Meyer say that the Trioplan is good for photographing children at wider apertures but needs stopping down for groups, a subtle way of saying that like other triplets (Triotar, Trinar etc) it's softer at the edges wide open and improves with stopping down. This is an attribute often desired in Portrait lenses.

The OP's lens will cover Half plate at full aperture so plenty of room for movements on 9x12 or 5x4. Meyer state it'll cover 105º in their pre-WWII advertising. I have a 5¼" f9 version and that covers whole plate wide open,

Ian

This is great...I believe mine is around 1947ish (mine is SN 1124xxx)...I have the same model shown above, but not in a syncro shutter. The size zero Compur doesn't have a preview mode (ANNOYING), but does have a timer. Also, my shutter speeds top at 1/250.

What I'd like to know is how you are firing the thing! I have mine set on a toyo recessed lens board. Without preview mode, I have to hold it open in Bulb. However, there is zero room for a cable, and it is long throw to boot. Right now I'm releasing the cable with fishing line, but having to hold it open that way to set up the shot sucks, to say the least.

Thoughts?

Maybe one of these 90 degree Kaiser cable release adapters.

My Meyey WA is in a n older Dial-set Compur which has B & T. As your lens is in a rim-set #0 shutter you could find another Compur #1 with T and the preview lever and swap the cells and scale over.

Ian