Thread: Which Graflex model for this Kodak 6 3/8 f4.5 lensboard

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Which Graflex model for this Kodak 6 3/8 f4.5 lensboard

Acquired this lens/lensboard combo hopefully to fit one of my Graflex 45 models. Lensboard is wood though and sharp cornered so I suspect it is for an Anniversary or earlier model. Being 6 3/8, I assume it is for 4X5 format. Am I right?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	133959Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graflex2.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	133960

I'm currently in France, lens shipped to home address so I haven't been able to check it out yet. My son says front lens is rubbed but shutter works great. Seller had it listed as Parts since he mentioned something about E-B*y's return policy forced him to describe it that way. Guess sellers' are catching static about descriptions.

loujon

Re: Which Graflex model for this Kodak 6 3/8 f4.5 lensboard

Yep That should cover 4x5 and is the FL F&S & Graflex paired w/ the 4x5 Speeds.

The lens board is a "C" lensboard so it should fit a Anniversary Speed Graphic which has a 4 x 4" lensboard,
    Possibly a Pre Anniversary Graphic too.
    You said Graflex 45 , if you mean the Graflex 4x5 SLR's then you need a "B" size lens board which I think is 3.75 X3.75"

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C. View Post
    The lens board is a "C" lensboard so it should fit a Anniversary Speed Graphic which has a 4 x 4" lensboard,
    Possibly a Pre Anniversary Graphic too.
    You said Graflex 45 , if you mean the Graflex 4x5 SLR's then you need a "B" size lens board which I think is 3.75 X3.75"
    Thanx all. Yes, 45 means 4X5. I started calling the different sizes like 23, 34 and 45 rather than 2X3, etc.
    I have a 3X4 Anniversary that appears to have the same wood lensboard. Wonder if the latest one will fit and what coverage I'll get. The 3X4 has a f4.5, 127mm in it now. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN7491 (Copy).jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	133976 Should be fun to try it if the hole size isn't too far off in case the lens board doesn't fit.

The 3X4 has the same shutter too. I just noticed that. Different size though I imagine.

According to "Graphic Graflex Photography", 11th edition, the 3 1/4 X 4 1/4 Anniversary Speed takes a 3 1/4" X 3 1/4" lens board and the 4X5 Anni takes a 4"X4" board. The pre-Anniversary models take the same size boards.

Len

I'm home from France, son dropped by to deliver this lens on lensboard. Lensboard is a size C, stamped on rear, so 4X4. Mounting hole is about 43mm for that 6 3/8 in lens. Can I find a 3 9/16th later Speed/Crown board with a hole size to fit this lens? Or will I have to get one custom drilled?
    The lens, sold parts only, with supposed cleaning rubs on the lenses, cleans perfectly, no rubs or scratches that I can see, no mildew, aperture blades spotless, no oil. Slow shutter speeds are slow so I'll try to use in daylight only if I can get a lensboard for it.
    Last edited by tom thomas; 1-Jun-2015 at 14:55. Reason: typos, improved sentence structure.

You might be able to find one used with that 43mm hole, otherwise get a blank one and have it machined.
    I've bought from a seller named heavystar on ebay, they're nice reproductions of the stamped aluminum lens boards
    for the Pacemaker and Crown.

And the Graphic View & GVII take the "C" lensboard...

Steve K