Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little something for the Forum...

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

A little something for the Forum...

I just noticed something I hadn't been aware of before at the bottom of the Large Format Info page:

The two following links are affiliate links. When you click on either of those two vendors links, you are taken to their site with an ID that identifies largeformatphotography.info as referring you. If you purchase something during that session on either site, we get a small commission at no cost to you, so if you plan to shop there, you might as well follow those links !

• B&H: the most complete stock of photographic gear, including hard-to-find professional/specialized items.
    • Amazon.com: for everything else.

Are Amazon and B&H still offering this? If so, we should start making use of it to support the Forum's maintenance! The links are still active at the bottom of the page:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Re: A little something for the Forum...

I never noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out! I buy stuff from both vendors on a regular basis.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    I never noticed this. Thanks for pointing it out! I buy stuff from both vendors on a regular basis.

+1

Richard Wasserman

https://www.rwasserman.com/

Good point, I forgot about it.

I'm sure collectively we buy a lot from both.

I will try to direct link more often.
    Tin Can

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Maybe one of the moderators could make a more obvious and convenient link somewhere appropriate?
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Everyone: thanks very much for wanting to help!

As the policy for a long time has been to avoid accepting funding for the Forum, please hold off on redirecting any purchases. We'll figure out what's going on (or not) with those very old affiliate links and get back to you with a clear statement about whether the funding policy is to be changed. Stay tuned...

Going to buy stuff on Amazon and BH.

Are the links valid?
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

This is under active discussion by Tuan and the moderators, we should have a statement shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Everyone: thanks very much for wanting to help!

As the policy for a long time has been to avoid accepting funding for the Forum, please hold off on redirecting any purchases. We'll figure out what's going on (or not) with those very old affiliate links and get back to you with a clear statement about whether the funding policy is to be changed. Stay tuned...
    I think it is well known that this site is provided at no cost by the extremely generous operators, who have historically discouraged donations.

I hope an exception is made in this case. If I am going to purchase something anyway from B&H, why not have this site benefit? It costs me nothing, and it would benefit a cause that I cherish. Placing the links in a more noticeable, but not overtly mercenary manner (so the operators can still feel good in their steadfast attempt to provide this site at no cost to its users), would be approrpriate.

Preston Birdwell

I hope an exception is made in this case. If I am going to purchase something anyway from B&H, why not have this site benefit? It costs me nothing, and it would benefit a cause that I cherish. Placing the links in a more noticeable, but not overtly mercenary manner (so the operators can still feel good in their steadfast attempt to provide this site at no cost to its users), would be appropriate.
    Greg, this is nicely stated, and I agree 100%.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."