Thread: New LED fake old timey bubs, 2200K

New LED fake old timey bubs, 2200K

I just noticed these bulbs, as a fan of LED, I watch for new gear.

These could be used several ways. They have other types.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/2289/5393/

I am also looking at High Bay replacement LED bulbs that may be good as low heat stage/studio lights, replacing 2K Mole-Richardson lighting fixtures.

I just borrowed a couple 2K's Mole's as I have never used them. Too darn hot for my tiny studio, I'm afraid I will start my backdrop on fire from 8 feet away! However they do produce a lot of light using 17 amps 120VAC. I like the adjustable fresnel best.

I have 2 fire extinguishers and used to train on live fire yearly. Big gasoline fires, that needed teamwork to put out.
    Tin Can

Re: New LED fake old timey bubs, 2200K

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    ... I am also looking at replacement LED bulbs... Replacing 2K Mole-Richardson lighting fixtures.
    ... I like the adjustable fresnel best.
    If you like Focusing Fresnel Tungsten Lighting Fixtures so much (Except for the heat)...
    Why don't you just look at LED Retrofits for them... Perhaps in a 'Smaller' Kit?

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I just noticed these bulbs, as a fan of LED, I watch for new gear.

These could be used several ways. They have other types.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...led/2289/5393/

I am also looking at High Bay replacement LED bulbs that may be good as low heat stage/studio lights, replacing 2K Mole-Richardson lighting fixtures.
    Fair warning, the 'Victorian' bulb is not a mature product and they've been having issues with QC, particularly in dimming. I would wait until next year, especially as the Tungsten bulbs they're replacing are relatively cheap, last forever, and dim perfectly evenly from bulb to bulb (this is very important in places like restaurants, they can't have one dimming to 20% and the next to 50%).

The High-bays, on the other hand, are now a mature product that absolutely will replace some some studio lightings, although they will not necessarly focus the same way in a spot. The origin of the light is not a point, so it will not behave the same way through focusing lenses.

They're a little pricey now, so warehouses and such are looking at 3-5 years' payback unless they get massive utility rebates, but prices will fall dramatically within a couple of years and I personally plan on replacing my studio flashes with these sometime next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    Fair warning, the 'Victorian' bulb is not a mature product and they've been having issues with QC, particularly in dimming. I would wait until next year, especially as the Tungsten bulbs they're replacing are relatively cheap, last forever, and dim perfectly evenly from bulb to bulb (this is very important in places like restaurants, they can't have one dimming to 20% and the next to 50%).

The High-bays, on the other hand, are now a mature product that absolutely will replace some some studio lightings, although they will not necessarly focus the same way in a spot. The origin of the light is not a point, so it will not behave the same way through focusing lenses.

They're a little pricey now, so warehouses and such are looking at 3-5 years' payback unless they get massive utility rebates, but prices will fall dramatically within a couple of years and I personally plan on replacing my studio flashes with these sometime next year.
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will be waiting for prices to fall. The LED High Bays are a goal, so as you say, a couple years may be best. I see car headlight LED, all kinds of new uses. Today Costco had a small ceiling can light replacement for $10 each using 10 watts and producing 500 lumens. I didn't buy them, but I always check to see what they have.

I will be returning the 2K Moles shortly. They are simply too hot to run in summer. I don't use the oven in summer either.

Now I need to focus on my Bat Signal or Sky Projector project. Which is, of course, Top Secret...
    Tin Can