Sorry about the oversight on the 4x5 reducing back. That does change things a bit, but just a bit. I'd still like to see a real photo, but then people can simply use recycled photos as in the case above. Besides that, where are the 4x10 film holders? I'm guessing nobody buys a 4x10 camera to use it only as a 4x5. I think I'm beating a dead horse here.

ON THE TOPIC OF HOW PEOPLE COMMIT FRAUD:

I know of a shameless (redundant) ebay scammer. He said that there are three typical ways that scammers work on ebay. First, they sell a bunch of cheap crap (dolls, used clothes, baseball cards, etc), get between 50-100 positive ratings, then commit fraud with a couple high priced items, usually at the same time to make it seem legit (ie. so it looks like they're dumping a bunch of their gear after a period of ebay inactivity). Straight forward. Second, they would search for accounts that had lots of positive feedback that were inactive for a while. Then they would hack into the account and use the cover of good feedback to commit fraud. Third and least likely to be done, but most likely to work, is the one that's the hardest to see through. These are the people that actually go through the effort to sell some photo gear (usually cheaper stuff obtained from garage sales) and have recent transactions (ie. ones that are less than a few months old so the victim can see the products that were sold). This bait lures the victim into thinking that the seller deals in photographic items on a regular basis. Then comes the big ticket fraud item.

Hope this helps us all be more careful.