Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What are #00 shutters for?

Re: What are #00 shutters for?

Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    I never minded using a locking cable release for the #00 shutters myself. They are such compact and light shutters and I haven't had as many problems with them as most claim to have.
    My experience was with a 65mm SA (47mm??) in a recessed lensboard -- inserting a cable release wasn't possible!
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    My experience was with a 65mm SA (47mm??) in a recessed lensboard -- inserting a cable release wasn't possible!
    Thats what these are for:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...tension_f.html

The thing I love about them is that they have a 10 second TIMER!! why all the copal a don't also have this is a mystery... So useful, not just for "selfies" but for firing the camera after vibration has stopped.

I agree the T setting is silly. How hard would it be to convert the B to a T function? As a modification?

The Compur #00 shutter was used on many pre-WWII German cameras 35mm & 120 but after WWII the Gauthier - AGC - shutters, Vario, Prontors etc become much more pre-dominant on the next generation of similar 35mm & 120 cameras.

In the UK after WWII Kodak used Epsilon (Ross Ensign) shutters partly due to severe import restrictions, then Prontor and finally the re-designed Compurs, this may well indicate that Compur took much longer to recover after WWII. They dropped the Compur #00 when they redesigned their shutters.

Ian

Ian, if P-H Pont's Compur rim set shutter chronology is to be believed, #00 Synchro Compurs were produced until 1968. There was even a #00 Compur Electronic, started in '68, ended who-knows-when. The #000 re-surfaced, according to Pont, in 1963-4. Gauthier made #00 Prontors throughout the '60s.

I have to agree with dan's quotes here, this lens and shutter are much newer then war era, or even shortly post war. This looks much more like a late 50's to 60's lens, and i will check the SN when i get into the office later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Ian, if P-H Pont's Compur rim set shutter chronology is to be believed, #00 Synchro Compurs were produced until 1968. There was even a #00 Compur Electronic, started in '68, ended who-knows-when. The #000 re-surfaced, according to Pont, in 1963-4. Gauthier made #00 Prontors throughout the '60s.
    That would make sense.

Ian