Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Katrina - 10 years later

Dave Karp

Re: Hurricane Katrina - 10 years later

Hi Ed,

I second Richard W's comments. I personally would love to see a well-printed book selected from this work. I know that there are myriad issues surrounding this, but I have to say that I have seen other photographs and books of Katrina images and yours stand up to any of them. They are awesome.

Impressive stuff, gallery quality indeed.

Terrible, the devastation on that whole poor city and those poor people.

I was going to write I'm proud of my fellow countrymen aiding to the construction of canals, dykes and quaysides but when you see the destruction of all those ordinary places and things that were special to so many people, that pride is trivial.

IMHO Katrina was the biggest disaster that struck the US in modern times and those shots deserve a large audience to commemorate that.
    Same goes for the Hurricane Sandy destruction btw.

Hard to believe it was only ten years, judging by those photos. The amount of decay seems much older than that, though it is in a very wet envronment.

Some excellent images that really tell a sad tale. I too recommend a book if possible. Some really nice photos.

As an aside, the same thing that happened during Katrina happened to my family and I in 2003-04 when 3 hurricanes hit our home in Florida in the span of 2 months. Long story short, but the insurance company never paid and we had to sell the place (large 4000 sq. ft. home on 4 acres) at a huge loss as the house was totalled.

Glad that is long behind me.