Thread: Kreonite Color Processor

Kreonite Color Processor

Just have a safety question regarding Kreonite Color Processors.

Does anyone know if the air that comes out of the processor is hazardous? I'm not talking about the vent that's normally seen hooked up on top of the processor, but the area where the prints come out from. At my old college the head lab tech and professors always warned students not to breathe or stay in the same room as the kreonite processor, and now I'm working at a lab where the kreonite processor is in the same open room as me for 3-5 hours. I've been experiencing some health problems so I would really like to find out if I need to talk to my work about getting an additional exhaust fan or something.

Any info regarding RA4 processors and health/safety would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Kreonite Color Processor

PS- Please do not flame me for not knowing the safety regulations of a color processor. I'm just looking to make the place I work a safer environment for myself and others.

I have stood at the end of colour processor for over 35 years , if the room has no venting then ask for venting , if it has normal venting you should be good to go.

I must point out that when I started I was 6ft 5inches, I am now 5 ft 4 inches...

I don't have quite Bob's experience, only 25 years or so, and I'm still 6'3". But I will say that the air coming out of the dryer came in from underneath the machine, not from the chemical tanks. The vent on top of the machine is to exhaust the chemical fumes. RA4 is not particularly toxic, although you don't want the developer components on your skin. Talk to Kodak about your concerns.