Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 55 1Shot ready loads

Do or do not. There is no try.

Re: New 55 1Shot ready loads

According to a recent press release I saw from New55 the film is made by the Shenbei factory in China.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    According to a recent press release I saw from New55 the film is made by the Shenbei factory in China.
    Who else do they produce for?

It's always a good idea to stock up on any IR film... I bought a few boxes of Rollei IR, just in case.

Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Who else do they produce for?
    The press release says the manufacture "X-ray, photographic, and roll films for industrial and consumer markets". That's it, no brand names.

...As for the fujichrome 50, have you tried Provia100f?...
    I tried all iterations of Provia as well as other Fuji and Kodak large format transparency films. The closest thing to RFP was original Astia. Next best was the final version of Astia. The bronze medal went to E100G. Fortunately, I neither need nor want any of them today.

...have any 8x10 Mido holders?...
    No, I only ever tried the original, flexible 4x5 Mido holders. While the later, clamshell versions might be useful, especially in 8x10, after dealing with Shin's first product I was not tempted. In any case, my 8x10 shooting style is not prolific, so a dozen Fidelity holders serve adequately.

Drew Wiley

My priority in color sheet film was polyester base. Acetate isn't dimensionally stable, so won't register reliably when doing masking, separations, etc. Fortunately, two superb E6 films were marketed in polyester: E100G and Astia 100F. The latter doubled as the finest duping film ever. The bad news is that now we've lost most of our E6 films as well as Cibachrome. The earlier renditions of Provia were more versatile to me than the present version, but none were on a stable sheet base. Kodachrome? Something we can all cry about losing forever. But if it still hypothetically existed in sheets, I'm sure we'd all be really crying about the price. I've moved on to color neg, which is expensive enough in 8X10. Hope this neo-Readyload whatever concept works out well enough to get quantity up, price down. But I'm pretty fussy about black and white emulsions too. But since I do happen to have a 545 holder with very good film flatness, one more reason to keep it. Like I already hinted, I modified it substantially, and it has worked superbly for me with both Quickloads and Readyloads.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Re: New 55 1Shot ready loads-Vaccum-back?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    My priority in color sheet film was polyester base. Acetate isn't dimensionally stable, so won't register reliably when doing masking, separations, etc. Fortunately, two superb E6 films were marketed in polyester: E100G and Astia 100F. The latter doubled as the finest duping film ever. The bad news is that now we've lost most of our E6 films as well as Cibachrome. The earlier renditions of Provia were more versatile to me than the present version, but none were on a stable sheet base. Kodachrome? Something we can all cry about losing forever. But if it still hypothetically existed in sheets, I'm sure we'd all be really crying about the price. I've moved on to color neg, which is expensive enough in 8X10. Hope this neo-Readyload whatever concept works out well enough to get quantity up, price down. But I'm pretty fussy about black and white emulsions too. But since I do happen to have a 545 holder with very good film flatness, one more reason to keep it. Like I already hinted, I modified it substantially, and it has worked superbly for me with both Quickloads and Readyloads.
    It shouldnt be so difficult to produce again 4x5-vaccum-system. Schneider had one.
    i am only surprised were the holes on Mamiya RB67/67/70 vaccum-back are positioned. They certainly knew why.
    Have a special mamiya press vaccum back for 220 but its a wrong construction with few and too big holes. Never tested.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Drew Wiley

Two different issues here. Yes, polyester tends to be stiffer than acetate, depending on thickness. Roll film is thin, sheets typically are not. But that is not what I
    was referring to; but rather, dimensional stability over time, for the sake of masking registration etc. Acetate shrinks, beginning fairly soon and taking a decade
    or more to partially stabilize, so it's a poor choice for anything requiring repeatable alignment.