View Poll Results: Would you like to see a separate Cameras and Accessories section for ULF (11x14 and l

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

53 63.10%
  • No

27 32.14%
  • ULF-capable lenses should also have a separate Lenses & Accessories sub-forum

26 30.95%
  • Leave discussions of ULF-capable lenses in the current sub-forum

21 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see separate ULF Cameras & Accessories (11x14 and l

Would you like to see separate ULF Cameras & Accessories (11x14 and l

Would you like to see a separate Cameras and Accessories section for ULF (11x14 and larger)?

Re: Would you like to see a separate Cameras and Accessories section for ULF (11x14 a

I vote a resounding Yes!!

Re: Would you like to see a separate Cameras and Accessories section for ULF (11x14 a

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I vote a resounding Yes!!
    You need to click on the boxes of your choice, then the "Vote Now" button to be counted.

What about 10x12, I always considered that ULF?

I voted no because I think things are fine the way they are, but really a seperate forum would be fine. I view almost everything through the "New Post" search so I doubt I would miss much with a seperate forum.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    You need to click on the boxes of your choice, then the "Vote Now" button to be counted.
    I'm on the tapatalk app, I didn't realize it's a poll as that only shows on the website, maybe you can add "poll" to the title so people like me know to go to the website for the poll? Thanks! Glad you said something (noticed I didn't vote) or I wouldn't have known, appreciate that.

multiplex

i have a ULF camera for 8-10 years, and have never had trouble finding information i've needed
    seems like the forums here have worked fine for years ..

added later:

i forgot it used to have a ULF section, i guess it was fixed when it wasn't broken already
    might as well put it back the way it was ...
    Last edited by jnantz; 13-Apr-2015 at 08:55. Reason: made a grave mistake

It's not a huge issue one way or another for me, but I voted yes/yes - it would be a convenience, in part because the search function is so lame.

I'd define as "greater than 80 square inches" rather than "11x14 and larger".

The search function is difficult at times, so having a readily-accessible section on ULF cameras and lenses would be welcome.

I think most would define ULF as anything larger than 8x10, or, as Oren said, greater than 80 square inches.

Some members may not remember there used to be a ULF section. (pre vBulletin?)
    I feel strongly that it will help prevent so many of the same questions being asked over and over, that were answered well a decade or more ago. People interested in entering ULF could spend good time perusing the existing threads. I do feel bad for the moderators having to go through so much old material to re-assign it to ULF where it was originally posted as well as subsequent posts that would have to go there. (maybe there is some vestigial tag on the old posts to make it easier to re-home them to ULF?)

I voted "Yes" for ULF cameras and "Yes" for ULF lenses. I don't remember for certain, but think ULF cameras AND lenses may have been covered in the ULF forum, which might be a more tidy way of doing it, with a sticky at the top of the regular lens forum saying "see the ULF section for ULF lens Q+A"
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    It's not a huge issue one way or another for me, but I voted yes/yes - it would be a convenience, in part because the search function is so lame.

I'd define as "greater than 80 square inches" rather than "11x14 and larger".
    I second the "greater than 80 in2" definition.