Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wisner 8x20

wisner 8x20

Oh BTW, the lamb skin bellows is awesome. Much more supple, less seams than the kid bellows on my 8x10.

wisner 8x20

Thanks Robert. Second question - what film holders are you using?

Good Shooting!

wisner 8x20

mike, sorry it took so long to get back to you, as i said i was out of town. I just stretched out the 8x20 with it's new vertical back. ( lead time was also 8 weeks on the vertical back ) But i honestly think it was more like 6 weeks. I had ordered the camera and then as the camera was being finished i added the vertical back to the order. I wish everyone could see this bellows it really is one of the nicest I've seen. With the standards stretched the bellows draw is easily 36 inches. By racking the front standard you could probably get a little more out of it. This being the only new camera I've every owned I'm handling it like a piece of fine china. ( I seriously thought about scratching it so i could start useing it like my other cameras ( that's my cure for any new pickup truck i by ...first thing is to take a ballpeen hammer and put a dent in the bed .....there...now you can treat it like a truck.) but i just can't bring myself to do it. As for film holders, i bought three wisner holders when i ordered the camera. They seem to work very well, much smoother than the plastic holders i'm currently using on my 8x10. I haven't exposed a sheet of 8x20 yet so i can't comment on how light tight they are. The dark slides seem to fit precisely . Trust me, I'm chomping at the bit here to get shooting. Any pointers or comments are welcome. ......Good Light, Robert

wisner 8x20

Robert - while Jorge was only willing to weigh the camera for you, I'm actually willing to scratch it for you as well. Just ship it to me, along with a couple of film holders, and I'll perform that delicate operation for you. I should note, however, that proper aesthetic scratching will take 6-8 weeks. ;-)

wisner 8x20

mike, sorry it took so long to get back to you, as i said i was out of town. I just stretched out the 8x20 with it's new vertical back. ( lead time was also 8 weeks on the vertical back ) But i honestly think it was more like 6 weeks. I had ordered the camera and then as the camera was being finished i added the vertical back to the order. I wish everyone could see this bellows it really is one of the nicest I've seen. With the standards stretched the bellows draw is easily 36 inches. By racking the front standard you could probably get a little more out of it. This being the only new camera I've every owned I'm handling it like a piece of fine china. I seriously thought about scratching it so i could start useing it like my other cameras ( that's my cure for any new pickup truck i buy ...first thing is to take a ball-peen hammer and put a dent in the bed .....there...now you can treat it like a truck.) but i just can't bring myself to do it. As for film holders, i bought three wisner holders when i ordered the camera. They seem to work very well, much smoother than the plastic holders i'm currently using on my 8x10. I haven't exposed a sheet of 8x20 yet so i can't comment on how light tight they are. The dark slides seem to fit precisely . Trust me, I'm chomping at the bit here to get shooting. Any pointers or comments are welcome. ......Good Light, Robert

wisner 8x20

sorry for the double post

wisner 8x20

Ralph, Thank you so much. The world could use more charitable people like you. I'll overnight the camera tomorrow UPS. Being such an expensive item I'll put a required signature on delivery, That way i'll know you'll recieve it personally. Now the only thing you need to do is stay home all day and wait on ups to show up. Thank you again for donating your time and expertise. Robert