Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rule Change - Bumping

Re: Rule Change - Bumping

Hmmm.....I can see that I'm going to get into trouble, one of these days. Not being in the FS section just for the money, I tend to try to have fun with FS listings, doing things like listing something for $200, then dropping the price $5 every 6-8 hours.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcount View Post
    Will this new rule be applied to multiple threads by the OP to circumvent the limited photo attachment feature? If so, will there be an increase on the number of allowed photo attachments?
    Please report multiple threads for the same item if you see any. Moderators can remove them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    Please report multiple threads for the same item if you see any. Moderators can remove them, etc.
    Does this mean FS ads will be limited to 4 photos per week?

"Method 1. Uploading and Storing the Picture on the Forum. - section C.

You may upload as many as four images in any one post."
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Lurker

Geese Louise, it's a simple thang. Put some trust into our underpaid moderators. I would think if the moderators see an ad started with multi posts at approx. the same time to allow more than 4 photos, they would not considered it as a bumping.

David

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcount View Post
    Does this mean FS ads will be limited to 4 photos per week?
    This forum is a free service, provided by volunteers. The forum has many functions, only one of which is to allow members to sell their equipment to other members.

When we mark an item sold - and nobody takes a percentage - that is not considered a bump.

If you find the restriction too confining, you may have to find relief elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Lee View Post
    This forum is a free service, provided by volunteers. The forum has many functions, only one of which is to allow members to sell their equipment to other members.

When we mark an item sold - and nobody takes a percentage - that is not considered a bump.

If you find the restriction too confining, you may have to find relief elsewhere
    Nope not at all. Never mentioned "too confining" just seeking clarification.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

Photojournalist/Artist Poseur guyatou's Avatar

Ken Lee: I think ghostcount's question may have been about people posting multiple "replies" to their original post with additional photos, as opposed to posting multiple "threads." Just swapped the terms (which happens to me all the time!).

Limiting repeated bumps sounds like a reasonable idea. And, a special thanks to the forum's volunteer moderators that keep this site so civil and fun!

I would hope that if you post an ad the immediately post a reply with some additional photos that it would not be considered a bump. Sometime it is nice to have more than 4 photos of an item.

Roger

Guilty as charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    I would hope that if you post an ad the immediately post a reply with some additional photos that it would not be considered a bump. Sometime it is nice to have more than 4 photos of an item.
    You are right. If we create a For Sale post and want to provide more than 4 photos of the item as part of the original post, that's perfectly understandable and acceptable.