Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiny Format X-Ray images

Re: Tiny Format X-Ray images

This picture is from the negatives described above where I put a 1"x10" piece of ektascan b/ra in an Olympus OM-1 and developed in Rodinal 1:100 10 minutes at 68F. 1 sec, f16, 50mm lens, mirror locked up, self timer. Enlarged to 5x7with focamat Ic with leitz 50mm elmar onto what I think is ilford MG VC RC glossy (the paper came as a gift wrapped in Aluminum foil from an old darkroom via a widow friend of my mom's) no contrast filter. "Scan" by iPhone 6. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	133243

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Mark View Post
    This picture is from the negatives described above where I put a 1"x10" piece of ektascan b/ra in an Olympus OM-1 and developed in Rodinal 1:100 10 minutes at 68F. 1 sec, f16, 50mm lens, mirror locked up, self timer. Enlarged to 5x7with focamat Ic with leitz 50mm elmar onto what I think is ilford MG VC RC glossy (the paper came as a gift wrapped in Aluminum foil from an old darkroom via a widow friend of my mom's) no contrast filter. "Scan" by iPhone 6. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	133243
    That's looking pretty darn good.

Notice that 14x17 Ektascan is now easily available.

We may have created a whole new market for Kodak.

Maybe they want to sell what they can, maybe somebody woke up over there at Rochester.

All good as the kids say!
    Tin Can

Where can you get 14x17 Ektascan? Zz medical?

Lalalalala can't hear you...don't have trays, don't have space, don't have camera (and said I'd stop building them once I finished the 8x10), don't have film holders(but even if I can't make them and I did buy a bunch of aluminum cookie trays specifically to make 14x17 dark slides...a changing tent and boxes or a nearby darkroom and the right camera design could get around that), don't have a lens with coverage (but meniscus lenses stopped down might be good enough), I did make the UV exposure unit big enough for 14x17...lalala can't hear you...

Thanks for the compliment. I'm happier with that picture than many I've taken lately. And it was just a crazy experiment. I guess it shows you have to keep trying and 100% of the shots you don't take don't score.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm happier with that picture than many I've taken lately. And it was just a crazy experiment. I guess it shows you have to keep trying and 100% of the shots you don't take don't score.
    When I shot 35mm, I expected maybe 1 keeper from every 3 rolls, so 1/100.

I still think that way, with digital, film, LF or ULF.

Actually my goal post is way higher.

I want one good one before I go out of time.
    Tin Can

http://www.zzmedical.com/14x17-in-ca...ideo-film.html

Answered my own question about 14x17 Ektascan. Only in cases. Quite costly.

http://www.zzmedical.com/14x17-in-ca...ideo-film.html

Answered my own question about 14x17 Ektascan. Only in cases. Quite costly.
    Not really if you calculate cost per sq in or look a little deeper at ZZ, as they sell 8x10 100 sheets Ektascan for $80. http://www.zzmedical.com/analog-x-ra...ideo-film.html

I buy both sizes.
    Tin Can

Randy, I was imprecise. The $927 for 500 sheets of 14x17 ortho film with antihalation layer is not costly by square inch of film, but it is a lot of money relative to my self imposed toys allowance. Once I get 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 under control with this film and that will have to also include deciding what developer to use (Rodinal, d-76, d-23 are candidates) then maybe I can consider a 14x17 pinhole camera on the way to a "real" 14x17 and arranging a buying club situation for the 14x17. Ie I sell three or four 100 packs and retain the remainder so I don't blow all my photo money in one go. 'Cause I'd need printing paper (water color for cyanotypes) etc etc and it's nice to have a little reserve for unexpected opportunities.
    I am impressed with what can be done with Ektascan when everything turns out A+. Kind of exciting to imagine what that would be like 14x17.