Thread: New member

Greetings To All,

I'm a new member, but have read many useful and thoughtful threads here. Thank you to all for such generosity in sharing your skills and talent. I've been a member at GetDpi for many years, but always gravitate to the film threads, so thought its best to join a film forum to further expand my knowledge.

I have used many different cameras and formats, including Ebony SW 45, Chamonix, Fotoman, 612, etc. I am more connected to film as an art form than any other medium. The convenience of digital is obvious, but the end result somehow never feels as rewarding. I process my own film and either print or scan. Although, it's most convenient to shoot and develop 45 for me, I've been interested in 57 and 810 too. I suppose it's a normal evolution...

Re: New member

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of us scan our images and/or shoot digital cameras too. I moved up from 4x5 to 8x10 for b&w but shooting color 8x10 is too expensive for me. Some people move up in size and some don't. As with anything, there are advantages and disadvantages. If you do try a larger format, buy right (used equipment) and don't like it then if you decide to sell your gear you will get most of your money back.

Alan

Welcome!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, Johnnyfilm!

Thank you...
    I'm excited to be a member!
    For the last two months I've been playing with a Jobo ATL 1000 that I purchased for a price I couldn't refuse.
    I normally develop manually, but the ATL is fantastic at running a process with minimal chemistry - great consistency so far.
    There's some other cameras I'd like to try such as a Deatdorff 8x10 and a Fotoman 45sps, I don't need movements and really want to try the Fotoman as a kinda point/shoot with the helical focus. The Fotoman 612 was outstanding in build quality and the HFM was very accurate too. So if any one has any lens cones for the 45sps, feel free to contact me. Although, I'm not sure I can request that until I'm a member for a month. Anyway, I look forward to sharing experiences and photos with other like minded photographers. Thank you again for a warm welcome.
    Best Regards,
    Johnny

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyfilm View Post
    Thank you...
    I'm excited to be a member!
    For the last two months I've been playing with a Jobo ATL 1000 that I purchased for a price I couldn't refuse.
    I normally develop manually, but the ATL is fantastic at running a process with minimal chemistry - great consistency so far.
    There's some other cameras I'd like to try such as a Deatdorff 8x10 and a Fotoman 45sps, I don't need movements and really want to try the Fotoman as a kinda point/shoot with the helical focus. The Fotoman 612 was outstanding in build quality and the HFM was very accurate too. So if any one has any lens cones for the 45sps, feel free to contact me. Although, I'm not sure I can request that until I'm a member for a month. Anyway, I look forward to sharing experiences and photos with other like minded photographers. Thank you again for a warm welcome.
    Best Regards,
    Johnny
    Welcome Johnny!

You may have mentioned this and if so I missed it. So it would be nice to know the general area you hail from. This allows us to know your general background as to what & where you shoot and also allows locals to you to make contact w/ you through the forum to hook up for outings and print exchanges.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Welcome to Large Format Photography Forum.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.