Film photographers of Wellington, it is time to gather for the first Silver Foundry meeting!

Uhhh? What is Silver Foundry? Though it does not exist yet and its name is still open to change, it is an attempt to gather the film photographers of the Wellington region in a monthly group focused on our beloved passion.

What it will be:

• A place to meet other film photographers.
• A place to present your work and/or to discuss your next photographic project in a friendly environment.
• A place to learn new techniques or to improve your skills through workshops (darkroom, alternative processes, hybrid workflow, framing…. Etc.)
• An opportunity to discover new formats (large format, medium format, 35mm)
• A place to discover work of famous photographers (we will try to invite well-known Kiwi film photographers and other significant figures in the world of film photography.) We will also organize skype sessions with photographers overseas.
• An opportunity to present your work to the public through a yearly Wellington Silver Foundry exhibition.
• A place to welcome and meet film photographers traveling through the country.
• A place to learn news about exhibitions and photographic events.
• A meeting with a focus on the essence of photography with an efficient and nimble governance system

We will have limited focus on:

• Digital photography…
• Photographic competition

We are starting from scratch so it will need a bit of effort from all of us to get the right momentum.
Interested? Well join us at the first meeting on Saturday morning the 28rst of March. We will gather in a coffee shop. Feel free to bring something to show!

The meeting place will depend on the number of people who will be attending the meeting, so please drop me an email as soon as possible to confirm if you’re planning on coming. My email is: dominique.filippi(at)gmail.com. I will add your email to our mailing list so you will be informed about the place where it will happen and the next meetings.

Please note this event is intended for people already shooting film. Once our group settled, we will welcome photographers new to the art.

Update about this event will be noticed by email, here in this thread and on APUG.

Spread the word!

Dominique