Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member...Back into LF with a Newly acquired Linhof Technika...any info appreciate

Re: New Member...Back into LF with a Newly acquired Linhof Technika...any info apprec

Man,

That would be great!

Keep me posted, sure would be a nice addition.

Best,
    Jason

Re: New Member...Back into LF with a Newly acquired Linhof Technika...any info apprec

Quote Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    Hey Gents,

Thanks for the replies. Ok, my unit is Serial #4492 and the top says "Color, but the ground glass rotating swing out cover says
    "Technika" with Linhofs beautiful Coat of Arms. It appears as though mine is missing the red plastic knob for the tripod
    collar clamp...not likely I'll find that anywhere soon...

The ground glass is in pretty good shape...some of the alignment lines have a little fog around them, but focus is
    easy and smooth. The camera also came with this cool Zeiss Ikon focus loup...very cool.

Are you all tray processing your films or using the likes of a Jobo 2500? I'm a PMK Pyro
    user with 35mm and 2 1/14. Thanks to all who are helping out, I am enjoying the education!

Best,
    J
    it is a 1959/60 Linhof Color 45

Bob Salomon - Do you know if all the Color 45s had red focusing knobs, or did the later Colors have white knobs like the Kardan Color 45s? I don't know where I got the idea there may have been white knob Colors. I very well could be mistaken.

I noticed on eBay today there is an issue of "International Photo Technik", No. 4, 1964 with an article on the "Linhof Kardan Color 4X5". I suspect this is an article on the introduction of the Kardan Color.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Robertson View Post
    I noticed on eBay today there is an issue of "International Photo Technik", No. 4, 1964 with an article on the "Linhof Kardan Color 4X5". I suspect this is an article on the introduction of the Kardan Color.
    That is a different camera, Len. In my opinion, you have (we have) the good one. If you can peruse the posts here regarding LF movements you will find that most of us do not use the extremes that, for example, the Kardan could. We are all good.

Oh, I looked and my spare red knobs are already on on a LF appliance. If it really matters, I will take it apart for parts. Parts! I have tons of parts. I gotta get a life.

Bob, thanks for running the numbers on it for me....and parts are always a good thing!

If you ever have the tripod collar red knob, I'd be a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    That is a different camera, Len. In my opinion, you have (we have) the good one. If you can peruse the posts here regarding LF movements you will find that most of us do not use the extremes that, for example, the Kardan could. We are all good.
    I meant to imply the 1964 "International Photo Technik" article on the Kardan Color meant the end of the original Color model. I should have actually said that instead of implying. I found an IPT, No.4 1958 (the magazine was published four times a year) with a 1 1/2 page article on the Color being introduced at the 1958 Photokina (that was a big European photo trade show). So I suppose the Color may have been getting into the hands of the buying public sometime in 1959.

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Robertson View Post
    Bob Salomon - Do you know if all the Color 45s had red focusing knobs, or did the later Colors have white knobs like the Kardan Color 45s? I don't know where I got the idea there may have been white knob Colors. I very well could be mistaken.

Len
    There were two versions of this camera series. The first, the Linhof Color had no back rise. The second, the Linhof Kardan Color had back rise. I don't know. Which had red knobs.