Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

Re: Whats the verdict on Adobe CC?

it would be nice if Adoobie would offer PS-CC alone, without LR, for a reasonable monthly or annual fee.
    Since PS (full version) is worth some $1000 and Lightroom some $150, I doubt such a subscription would save you much money.....like $8.50 a month vs. $10
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I wonder how many that worry so deeply about Adobe subscriptions have huge cable and cell phone subscriptions?

I cancelled cable long ago. I hate phones but my brother gave me a spare one and he pays the $10 a month on top of his bill for 4 phones. Otherwise he could only email me, which I prefer, but he is needs a talking to once in a while.

I used an iPod for years as cell phone, hopping on the McDonald's and Starbuck systems without going into their businesses. I do pay ATT for Internet, but if I ever find a way not to, I will. Doubtful. I cancelled the landline, didn't want to but ATT can't keep one working anymore...

I got rid of my unnecessary car so I don't pay car insurance. I own an older motorcycle and it is cheap to insure.

So what do you sacrifice for photography?
    Tin Can

I have no cable but do have a discounted cell service and smartphone. If they let me pick and choose cable stations and just pay for those I would.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    I have no cable but do have a discounted cell service and smartphone. If they let me pick and choose cable stations and just pay for those I would.
    I sure wish they did that too.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post

My sanity.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    My sanity.
    I'll second that.....anyone who would travel to Kiev in February for snow and ice photos needs their head examined :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I wonder how many that worry so deeply about Adobe subscriptions have huge cable and cell phone subscriptions?

I cancelled cable long ago. I hate phones but my brother gave me a spare one and he pays the $10 a month on top of his bill for 4 phones. Otherwise he could only email me, which I prefer, but he is needs a talking to once in a while.

I used an iPod for years as cell phone, hopping on the McDonald's and Starbuck systems without going into their businesses. I do pay ATT for Internet, but if I ever find a way not to, I will. Doubtful. I cancelled the landline, didn't want to but ATT can't keep one working anymore...

I got rid of my unnecessary car so I don't pay car insurance. I own an older motorcycle and it is cheap to insure.

OK, for you. I have a family of four. Cell phones is a must to have communications with them. I rather have a simple stupid phone with no texting but I'm also of the age when dinosaurs roamed the lands. (How my kids feel). The same goes for family entertainment i.e. TV and cable. They want all stations while I'm happy with mostly standard TV and Redbox. Car insurance? I have three drivers and soon four. I think its wise and also required by law to have car insurance.

I had a subscription to my local newspaper. Then they went digital and said it will be cheaper for me. I would get more and pay about the same. Then they started to increasing my bill. A few dollars here and more there. Finally, I said enough. Its better for me to walk over to the local market and buy a copy when I want one. I'm taking charge of my money.

From what you are saying. You are also taking charge of your expenses. You and I are on the same boat.

My problem is I'm the only one who is the photographer of the family. No one else touches a camera except their cell phones. I don't use PS everyday. Not once a week, or a month. I don't make a living either teaching the software or commercially photographer. I am a simple soul who enjoys photography. I don't trust companies that want to attach themselves to my credit card. That's just bad news in my book. My wife also won't let me. She works in the banking system and says its very dangerous. Its great for the company! It builds a layer between themselves and their customer base if problems arise.

Like I said earlier, a friend found out that Adobe charged him $600 and he has been trying to have it fixed. But he has to go through his Credit Card as well.

So, if Adobe decides to go subscription for Lightroom. I will have to stop where I am and go with with either On1 or any other photo editing company.

Thank you.

Robert,

I'm retired, my step-daughter became a photographer, but has quit to raise her wonder teenage boys and teach grade school.

For people even cheaper than me I recomend http://picasa.google.com/ I use it everyday for web resizing and adding my email to the bottom right of any picture that leaves my loft by any means.

I use CS PS first then Picasa for web versions. Sure I could do that in CS PS, but it's not as fast.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Andrada View Post
    To the best of my knowledge it calls home periodically and if a month or so goes by without being able to connect you're screwed - not sure how often one can't connect for a whole month though. Hasn't been a real problem at all. (I did have a period when my internet service crapped out for a few days so I stuck a USB Wifi adapter in the machine and tethered to my iPhone. Worked OK for critical stuff like e-mail and Adobe never complained.
    There are versions of CC that can be installed on systems not connected to the internet. You don't need a internet connection to install or "check" back with Adobe.
    Signature deleted as to not offend certain people

Preston Birdwell

In the previous post here, there appear to be two trains of thought...

PS-CC calls home periodically, and some versions do not.

So, for those who may be wondering what really happens, where is definitive information from Adobe to be found? Is there a link, or links?

Thanks,

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."