Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: A DIY 177mm f/8 Cooke triplet for 4x5 from off-the shelf lenses that YOU can build

Re: A DIY 177mm f/8 Cooke triplet for 4x5 from off-the shelf lenses that YOU can bui

Looking good! It will be really interesting to see a portrait, when you have it complete.

A DIY 177mm f/8 Cooke triplet for 4x5 from off-the shelf lenses that YOU can build

Thanks.

Flange focal length (distance from the outside mounting flange to image plane) measures ~ 165mm. Reversed, focal length measures 200. Very rough measurements of course. Maybe I'll have a 2-step zoom

Next I'll either pull the optics to machine the slot for the waterhouse stops, or make a lensboard to mount it to my camera. Slow and steady, or go for broke? Decisions, decisions...

Re: A DIY 177mm f/8 Cooke triplet for 4x5 from off-the shelf lenses that YOU can bui

sounds like you are going slow and steady then?
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

No I think I'll put it on a camera first...just have not had the time to work on it